Woman in Russia jailed for selling newborn sonJune 3rd, 2011 - 6:15 am ICT by IANS
Chelyabinsk (Russia), June 3 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A woman here was Thursday sentenced to four-and-a-half years in prison for attempting to sell her newborn baby boy for 10,000 rubles (about $330), a local court said Thursday.
The woman in the Urals town of Satka was an alcoholic who did not have a permanent place of residence or a steady job, the court said in a statement. She was arrested in March after selling her baby to undercover police officers.
“The woman was convicted for committing a crime against the personal freedom of her son…and sentenced to four years and six months in a penal colony,” the statement added.
- Couple held for selling newborn in Moscow - May 09, 2012
- Russian woman jailed for killing 17 - Jun 04, 2012
- Uzbek couple jailed for selling daughter - Jun 21, 2012
- Woman keeps dead baby in fridge for five years - Apr 04, 2012
- Woman held for trying to sell own baby - Aug 15, 2012
- Case filed against mom caught selling toddlers - Jun 02, 2011
- Uzbek woman held with 2,000 tortoises - Apr 05, 2012
- Putin top campaign spender - Mar 02, 2012
- Two killed in Russian train collision - Aug 12, 2011
- Russian ex-servicemen sentenced for stealing MiG parts - Jun 20, 2012
- Russian gold producer eyes London IPO - Jan 19, 2012
- Russian convicted of leaking military secrets - May 18, 2012
- Siberian leaves woman chained on island, jailed - Nov 24, 2011
- Two convicted in Russia for making pen guns - Feb 08, 2012
- Russian teen survives fall from 9th floor - Oct 30, 2011