Woman hurls grandkid to death at mallDecember 1st, 2010 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 1 (IANS) A 50-year-old American woman threw her two-and-half-year-old granddaughter to her death from a 50-feet high shopping mall walkway, it was reported here Wednesday.
Toddler Angelyn Ogdoc fell more than 50 feet to the ground after being allegedly tossed by her grandmother Carmela Dela Rosa over the side of an open walkway that connects the Tyson’s Corner Centre shopping mall to a car park in Fairfax county, Virginia, the Daily Mail reported.
Stunned witnesses told police they saw the woman grab the child and lift her up over the waist-high safety railing running.
The toddler was rushed to hospital with critical injuries after landing head first on the road below. She later died at the Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia.
Rosa was initially charged with aggravated assault but prosecutors upgraded it to murder. It was, however, unclear as to why Rosa threw her granddaughter.
Rosa’s husband and daughter who had gone shopping with her told police they have “no reason” why Rosa threw her granddaughter off the bridge, police spokesman Tawny Wright said.
- Ex-US vice president Cheney has heart transplant - Mar 25, 2012
- NY woman admits targeting South Asians for gold - Sep 18, 2010
- Mexican doctor criticised for OT photos on Facebook - Apr 20, 2012
- Woman throws acid on boyfriend's face - Sep 04, 2011
- Dentist arrested after fighting with elderly woman - May 28, 2011
- Spanish Woman Fakes Own Kidnapping to Test Her Husband - Dec 28, 2010
- Woman jumps to death in Jaipur mall - Jul 24, 2012
- Acid attacker woman sent for observation - Sep 06, 2011
- Elephant kills two in Bangladesh - Dec 01, 2011
- Woman jumps off mall's fourth floor - Jul 29, 2010
- Saudi woman confronts police over painted nails - May 26, 2012
- Strong earthquake strikes the U.S. East Coast, widely felt - Aug 24, 2011
- Sen. Reid's wife and daughter encounter a mishap - Mar 12, 2010
- Naked woman throws minor son from 4th floor - Jul 10, 2011
- Man arrested for murdering woman, granddaughter - Apr 10, 2011
Tags: american woman, angelyn, bridge, car park, critical injuries, daily mail, fairfax county virginia, fairfax hospital in virginia, granddaughter, grandmother, inova fairfax hospital, london, police spokesman, prosecutors, safety railing, shopping mall, tyson, virginia rosa, walkway