Woman held for helping brother commit suicideJuly 18th, 2012 - 4:24 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 18 (IANS) A woman has been detained in central China’s Hubei province for allegedly feeding pesticide to her paralysed brother, when he asked her to help him commit suicide.
Liu Defang fed her brother, Liu Deshan, milk mixed with pesticide with help from the family maid in Yutang village July 8, the Shanghai Daily reported Wednesday.
Liu Deshan was paralysed four years ago in a coal mining accident in northern Shanxi province. His family later hired a maid to take care of him.
He had attempted to commit suicide on many occasions, and finally persuaded his sister to feed him pesticide, police said.
Another brother, who was not named, said his sister committed the act because she could not bear seeing her paralysed brother lie in bed depressed.
- Mercy sought for man who poisoned mother - Mar 28, 2012
- Man abducted 30 years ago reunited with parents - Dec 13, 2010
- Five Chinese women deplaned after midair brawl - Jul 03, 2012
- $8 mn burglary exposes corrupt Chinese official - Dec 22, 2011
- Suspended jailer kills wife, self in Lucknow (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Boy killed, chopped up, turned into mincemeat - Jul 20, 2011
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Incest man killed by kin - Mar 20, 2012
- Chinese woman poisons herself, three kids - Apr 01, 2012
- China mine survivors make tearful contact with relatives - Apr 08, 2010
- Man injures self while warning in-laws - Dec 14, 2011
- CBI probe demanded into Bihar girl's suicide - Sep 06, 2012
- Chinese blame milk powder as baby girls develop breasts - Aug 09, 2010
- Foxconn workers rally to boost morale - Aug 19, 2010
- Over 900 nabbed in China crackdown on coal mining sector corruption this year - Dec 24, 2010