Woman fined $10,000 for animal crueltyApril 6th, 2011 - 4:08 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, April 6 (IANS) An 80-year-old woman in Western Australia has been ordered by a court from owning pets and fined $10,000 after she pleaded guilty to charges of animal cruelty.
At the Joondalup Magistrates Court, Daphne Kelly, pleaded guilty to allowing her dog to suffer harm that could have been alleviated by taking reasonable steps, Perth Now reports.
Her dog, a cocker spaniel named ‘Bear’, was later euthanased on humane grounds.
- Dumped by girlfriend, man feeds her hamster to dog - Apr 26, 2012
- Man jailed for beating dog to death - Aug 17, 2012
- Rooting for the underdog! (Feature) - Sep 25, 2011
- Briton jailed for hitting pet dog - Aug 05, 2010
- Britons held for cramming 69 animals in one house - Mar 31, 2012
- Russian army officer convicted for shooting guard dogs - May 17, 2012
- Indian student jailed in Australia in visa scam - Mar 27, 2012
- Missouri woman pays fine for calling 911 about the collapse of her dog - Jun 07, 2012
- Australian authorities face $400,000 fine over Aborigine's death - Jul 07, 2011
- Walk the pet pooch or land up in jail! - Dec 05, 2009
- British mother, son jailed over dogs' deaths - Feb 24, 2012
- Aussie barmaid slapped with $300 fine for exposing too much - Jun 15, 2010
- Tania Zaetta pleads not guilty to charges arising from row at nightclub - Apr 04, 2011
- Security goes to the dogs this I-Day - Aug 12, 2011
- Iran may ban dogs from public places - Apr 14, 2011