Woman finds burglar giving false ad of stolen goods!April 12th, 2009 - 10:50 am ICT by ANI
Melbourne, April 12 (ANI): An Aussie woman tracked down a burglar who robbed her of 60,000 dollars in property by placing a false advertisement for the stolen goods in a newspaper.
Upset at losing some expensive dinner sets, she placed an ad in The Courier-Mail’s Weekend Shopper pretending to look for a similar set.
According to news.com.au, one of the replies led her to a home where she recognised her dinner set and other property.
Finally the police were called and they traced the stolen goods to William John Suey, who was later sentenced to five and a half years jail.
At the sentence hearing in the District Court in Brisbane, Judge Warren Howell praised the efforts of the woman in tracking down the burglar.
Suey, 54, was part of a burglary ring that stole at least 305,000 dollars in property from homes in many Brisbane suburbs.
Prosecutor Chris Minnery said that the offences had been systematic, organised, pre-planned and sophisticated.
Barrister Douglas Wilson, for Suey, said that his client had drug problems and the jury’s verdict indicated that they saw Suey as on the gang’s periphery. (ANI)
- Srinagar gold burglary solved in a day, loot recovered - Apr 23, 2012
- Irish female rapist told to get help for 'sexual aggression' - Feb 18, 2011
- Aussie woman charged with raping another woman - Nov 29, 2010
- Burglar who targetted elderly women gets 15 years in jail - Jun 08, 2011
- US man dubbed 'most stupid criminal ever' pleads guilty to burglary - Feb 24, 2011
- Gold burglar targeting South Asian homes gets 3 years - Dec 04, 2010
- Office love triangle break-up cost Oz businessman $40k - Oct 04, 2010
- Jewellery stolen from Hindu temples recovered in Bangladesh - Feb 19, 2011
- Ohio woman accused of breaking into home, and cleaning it - Jun 04, 2012
- British couple shot dead on honeymoon - Nov 02, 2011
- Burglar to get his 83,000 pounds from police - Apr 06, 2012
- Gold burglar targeting South Asians gets 46 months - Jan 29, 2011
- Britain's dumbest burglar hangs up stolen curtains in his window! - Oct 05, 2010
- Burglar drops his name and contact details - Sep 09, 2010
- Five held for burglary in Delhi - Nov 16, 2009
Tags: barrister, brisbane suburbs, burglar, burglary, courier mail, dinner set, dinner sets, douglas wilson, false advertisement, half years, melbourne april, news com au, periphery, prosecutor, weekend shopper