Woman denies setting fire to husband’s genitalsApril 12th, 2010 - 1:13 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, April 12 (IANS) Rajini Narayan, who is accused of setting fire to her husband’s genitals and torching their home in Australia, Monday pleaded not guilty and will stand trial in the Supreme Court, a media report said.
Fortyfour-year-old Rajini pleaded not guilty to murdering her husband Satish. She also pleaded not guilty to one count of arson, Adelaide Now reported.
Rajini allegedly poured methylated spirits over her husband’s genitals before setting him on fire in December 2008. Satish then knocked over the bottle of spirits, leading to a fire that caused $1 million damage. He suffered major burns in the fire and died in hospital, the media report said.
Last year, the court heard the claim that Rajini had confessed to the attack.
“My husband loves another woman, he hugs her. I’m a jealous wife, his penis should belong to me, I just wanted to burn his penis so it belongs to me and no one else,” she is alleged to have told neighbours.
“It’s just his penis I wanted to burn, I didn’t mean this to happen.”
- Oz Indian origin wife denies murdering hubby after setting fire to his genitals - Apr 12, 2010
- Adelaide Indian-origin woman who set husband's penis on fire to be tried for murder - Mar 13, 2010
- 'Penis-burning' Indian Australian wife on murder charge - Jan 22, 2010
- Indian-origin wife 'wanted to purify cheating hubby's penis by burning it' - Oct 11, 2010
- Indian Australian woman killed her husband by setting his penis on fire - Aug 28, 2009
- Woman tells court she set fire to his genitals - Sep 27, 2010
- Indian-origin woman cleared of murdering husband - Oct 13, 2010
- Indian woman admitted torching hubbys genitals out of jealousy, Oz court told - Jan 05, 2009
- Indian-origin woman sets fire to husband to 'purify penis' - Oct 07, 2010
- Indian woman sets hubby's penis on fire to stop him from cheating - Sep 28, 2010
- Indian-origin wife found guilty of manslaughter after burning hubby's penis - Oct 13, 2010
- Women who set husband afire charged with murder - Jan 07, 2009
- Rajni Narayan confesses in court that she poured petrol over her husband - Sep 27, 2010
- Wife in the soup for setting husband''s genitals on fire - Dec 08, 2008
- Indian woman charged with murdering hubby by burning his genitals Down Under - Jan 03, 2009