Witness reveals Diana crash horrorNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:22 am ICT by admin
Speaking over a video-link from Paris, Huth told the jury that he saw three people in the car and that he was unaware until he heard later news reports that the Princess had been a passenger, because she had slumped into the footwell of the rear seats.
“The airbags were out, and the driver’s [Henri Paul's] head was inside one of them. The front passenger [Trevor Rees-Jones] was panicking, and his jaw was hanging low. I tried to calm him down in French and told him that help was coming,” The Sun quoted Huth, as saying.
“I didn’t see what I learned after - that there was another person underneath, the Princess. I didn’t see that because I didn’t approach the car enough, I guess,” he added.
Huth also described how he found the crashed Mercedes with its doors still closed, but photographers already taking pictures.
He said that he witnessed a paparazzo fighting with a bystander in the underpass minutes after the crash and before the emergency services arrived.
“The man was trying to catch his camera, he was screaming that he didn’t have the right to take pictures,” he said.
Huth said he had stopped those trying to open the car doors not to move the occupants because his training had taught him that to move anyone with spinal injuries could kill them. It was then that he looked in the back and saw Dodi’s body.
“I approached the car and saw the legs of a man, I didn’t know who those persons were, I didn’t know until at the end anyway. I saw the broken leg, that I remember clearly, of a man in blue jeans I guess, with a double fracture under the knee and a boot like a cowboy’s,” he said.
He further said that he ran out of the tunnel and borrowed a phone from the driver of a Jaguar to call the emergency services. (ANI)
- 'Princess Diana was murdered' - Jul 22, 2010
- `Princess Diana died as attempt to scare her went wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Tony Blair 'worried for Princess Di' when she started dating Dodi Fayed - Sep 03, 2010
- Princess Di's driver's blood test 'wasn't verified' - Aug 09, 2010
- 'Diana died after plan to frighten her into leaving lover went horribly wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Chauffeur behind Princess Di's death was 'framed as a drunk driver' - May 20, 2010
- Hike justified only if amenities are provided: Commuters - Mar 14, 2012
- Mohamed al-Fayed claims he torched Harrods' royal warrants - Aug 23, 2010
- Hamilton blames 'cruel luck' for Hockenheim fiasco - Jul 23, 2012
- New book tells story if Diana had not died in car crash - Jan 06, 2011
- Debate rages over judges who fall asleep on the job (The Funny Side) - Aug 24, 2012
- Edinburgh's 'Prince Charming' proposes to girlfriend onstage! - Dec 25, 2010
- '500 pieces of crucial evidence withheld in Princess Diana inquest' - Aug 07, 2010
- 'Innocent' Princess Di's driver 'set up' by French authorities, claims book - Mar 15, 2010
- Princess Di's comic book branded 'disgusting' over 'cruel' content - Nov 09, 2009
Tags: banks of the river, broken leg, car doors, crash horror, crash scene, dental surgeon, diana crash, dodi, guess, james huth, panicking, paparazzo, princess, river seine, screeching tyres, spinal injuries, trevor rees jones, video link