Witness’ failure to attend court delays Gazza ‘drik-driving’ care for 3rd timeDecember 14th, 2010 - 5:54 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 14 (ANI): A drink driving case involving former England footballer Paul Gascoigne was cancelled for a third time yesterday, after a witness failed to attend the hearing because of his illness.
According to the Sun, magistrates would decide next week on a new date to hear the case against the former Newcastle and Spurs player.
Forty-three-year-old Gazza is accused of being more than four times the limit and driving without insurance at Leeming Bar in North Yorks. He had 142mg of alcohol per 100ml of breath in Newcastle, while the legal limit is only 35mg.
Gazza was given an eight-week suspended jail sentence at Newcastle Magistrates’ Court last week for a separate drink-driving offence in October. (ANI)
- Gazza may be jailed for druk driving - Nov 11, 2010
- Gazza's eight-week jail sentence suspended by Newcastle court - Dec 10, 2010
- Gazza's drink-driving charge dropped - Feb 11, 2011
- Gascoigne back in rehab following cocaine arrest - Oct 25, 2010
- Gazza faces Christmas behind bars after failing to appear before court - Nov 12, 2010
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gazza facing jail for drunk driving - Oct 21, 2010
- Drunk Gascoigne taken to hospital after trashing Brit hotel with curry, puke and stubs - Oct 27, 2010
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- Swann fails to get drink-drive charge dismissed in court - Dec 09, 2010
- Gazza's drinking pal accused of telling absolute pack of lies in court - Feb 16, 2011
- Rehab clinic asks media to stop "harassing" Gazza - Nov 21, 2010
- Facing jail time for drunk driving, Gazza now wants to be an actor - Nov 10, 2010
- Gazza charged with drink driving during fishing trip - Mar 30, 2010
- Drunk at wheel? You could drive straight to jail - Mar 02, 2011
Tags: 100ml, alcohol, court delays, drink driving offence, driving without insurance, england footballer, failure, gazza, insurance, jail sentence, london, magistrates court, new date, newcastle, north yorks, paul gascoigne, spurs, sun, third time, witness