With Gaddafi gone, NATO operations can end: FranceOctober 21st, 2011 - 6:30 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, Oct 21 (IANS) NATO’s military operations in Libya can end, now that Muammar Gaddafi is dead, French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe said Friday.
“I think the military operation is finished, that the whole of Libyan territory is under the control of the National Transitional Council (NTC) and that … NATO operation has arrived at its end,” Xinhua quoted Juppe as telling Europe 1 radio from India.
According to NTC, a French aircraft hindered Gaddafi’s convoy from escaping from the Libyan town of Sirte where the man who ruled for over 40 years was killed Thursday.
- Will work with India to rebuild Libya: France - Oct 21, 2011
- Gaddafi's family to sue NATO - Oct 26, 2011
- Moscow questions NATO attack on Gaddafi - Oct 22, 2011
- Still no idea about Gaddafi's whereabouts: NTC - Sep 20, 2011
- France transfers Gaddafi funds to Libyan rebels - Aug 01, 2011
- Muammar Gaddafi buried at secret location in desert - Oct 25, 2011
- Libya to form interim government in 8 months - Oct 22, 2011
- Gaddafi appears in public, vows to fight on - Mar 23, 2011
- China recognises Libya's NTC as ruling authority - Sep 12, 2011
- IMF formally recognises Libyan rebel group - Sep 10, 2011
- Gaddafi's son vows to avenge father's death - Oct 23, 2011
- Sarkozy promises to intensify air strikes in Libya - Apr 21, 2011
- Libyan liberation a great victory: NATO chief - Oct 24, 2011
- Gaddafi's son Saif captured - Nov 19, 2011
- Gaddafi's son ready to surrender in international court - Oct 27, 2011
Tags: alain juppe, convoy, europe 1, france paris, french aircraft, french foreign minister, India, libya, military operation, military operations, muammar gaddafi, national transitional council, nato, nato operation, nato operations, ntc, radio, sirte, xinhua