Winehouse’s husband refuses early release from jailSeptember 16th, 2008 - 1:14 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 16 (IANS) Troubled British singer Amy Winehouse’s husband Blake Fielder-Civil has chosen to stay in prison rather than accept early release and live with his mother wearing an electronic ring.According to thesun.co.uk, Blake, 26, could have been out of jail on condition he moved to his mother Georgette’s house in Nottinghamshire. Jail bosses were ready to give him parole from Edmunds Hill category C prison in Suffolk if he agreed to the tag and obeyed a 7 p.m. curfew, returning to the address set by authorities.
But Blake refused the offer.
A source said: “It was all set for him to be released, but because he refused to go to anywhere other than Camden, it was refused at the last minute. He doesn’t want to go somewhere where he can’t be reunited with Amy and his friends. He’d rather stay inside. The Prison Service feared he would break his parole if he was surrounded by the temptations of his old stomping ground.”
This has upset Winehouse, who was planning to meet him at the prison gate. She reportedly cried when she heard the news.
“Amy is so upset because she thought he would be out for good,” a source added.
Blake, who was found guilty of beating up a pub landlord and then attempting to cover it up, was sentenced to 27 months in July.
- Amy Winehouses hubby turns down early release offer - Sep 16, 2008
- Reg Traviss devastated after Winehouse's death - Aug 08, 2011
- Winehouse's ex-hubby collapses on hearing of her death - Jul 25, 2011
- Blake Fielder-Civil planning book on Winheouse ? - Aug 11, 2011
- Amy Winehouse to marry ex-husband in Caribbean island - Jan 11, 2010
- Amy Winehouse found dead at London home (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Amy Winehouse set to reunite with hubby Blake Fielder-Civil - Sep 26, 2008
- Amy Winehouses mother-in-law wants her to quit drugs to reunite with hubby - Sep 29, 2008
- Winehouse's ex-husband hospitalised - Aug 10, 2012
- Winehouse sues mom-in-law for selling her love letter - Aug 25, 2009
- Winehouses hubbys early release bid rejected by prison officials - Oct 06, 2008
- Blake charged Winehouse 150 pounds a kiss - Sep 06, 2011
- Winehouse heading back home to London to save her marriage - Feb 26, 2009
- Amy Winehouse 'fears' her ex will reveal 'their secrets' in songs - Mar 25, 2011
- Amy Winehouse under surveillance after suicide attempt - Oct 06, 2008
Tags: amy winehouse, authorities, blake fielder civil, british singer, category c, edmunds hill, georgette, last minute, london, prison gate, prison service, pub landlord, stomping ground, temptations, thesun