Winehouse to reconcile with ex-husband?August 17th, 2009 - 12:04 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 16 (IANS) Troubled British singer Amy Winehouse has begged her ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil to take her back after their divorce last month.
The pair, who wed in Miami, Florida, in 2007 after a whirlwind romance, separated earlier this year with Fielder-Civil citing adultery as the reason for the split. Winehouse later admitted infidelity in court papers, reports contactmusic.com.
Just days after the divorce was finalised, Fielder-Civil sold intimate details about their marriage to a British tabloid but the “Back to black” hitmaker is willing to forgive his betrayal, reportedly begging him for a reconciliation.
Fielder-Civil is keen to make a fresh start with his ex-wife, who recently spent eight months in the Caribbean to battle her drink and drug habits, and the pair has even arranged a secret dinner date.
“We’ve been talking for the first time in months. I love her as much as ever. I know she still loves me, even though we’re getting divorced. May be this time we can do everything properly and not mess it up,” he said.
“She is looking beautiful and healthy now and it reminds me of the old Amy. She has been wearing my engagement ring and it meant an awful lot,” he added.
Fielder-Civil is spending time in rehab to treat his own substance abuse problems after allegedly breaching his parole terms by failing a court-ordered drug test.
He was sentenced to a 27-month stint in jail last July after he was found guilty of grievous bodily harm and perverting the course of justice, in relation to a 2007 assault on a pub landlord. He was released in February this year.
- Winehouse's ex-hubby collapses on hearing of her death - Jul 25, 2011
- Fielder-Civil to visit Winehouse's grave for first time - Sep 03, 2012
- Amy Winehouse to marry ex-husband in Caribbean island - Jan 11, 2010
- Amy Winenhouse to marry ex-husband again! - Nov 22, 2009
- Winehouse to turn model for her clothing line - Oct 05, 2010
- Blake Fielder-Civil planning book on Winheouse ? - Aug 11, 2011
- Winehouse's ex arrested for burglary - Mar 02, 2011
- Winehouse sues mom-in-law for selling her love letter - Aug 25, 2009
- Winehouse bought crack cocaine before death, says peddler - Aug 01, 2011
- Winehouse to get quick divorce from Fielder-Civil - Jul 16, 2009
- Amy Winehouse's posthumous album to be released soon - Aug 01, 2011
- Winehouse making wedding plans? - Apr 05, 2011
- Blake charged Winehouse 150 pounds a kiss - Sep 06, 2011
- Winehouse reunites with former lover Traviss? - Jan 08, 2011
- Amy Winehouse fuels Blake Fielder-Civil reunion rumours - Nov 25, 2009
Tags: adultery, amy winehouse, british singer, british tabloid, dinner date, drug habits, drug test, eight months, engagement ring, fresh start, grievous bodily harm, hitmaker, infidelity, intimate details, miami florida, pub landlord, spending time, stint, substance abuse problems, whirlwind romance