Winehouse sues mom-in-law for selling her love letterAugust 25th, 2009 - 1:11 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 25 (IANS) Troubled British singer Amy Winehouse is suing her ex-mother-in-law Georgette for selling one of her love letters.
According to thesun.co.uk, the note, which was sold, was written by Winehouse for her ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil when he was in jail for assault and preventing justice. Now the singer is suing for copyright infringement and wants about $81,000 compensation.
“Amy was furious the private letter was used to make money,” said a friend of Winehouse.
Winehouse was never on good terms with Georgette who in the past had accused her of turning her son to drugs.
Winehouse and Fielder-Civil were married in 2007 but divorced recently. They spent most of their marriage apart since Fielder-Civil was in jail.
Right now the singer is trying to reconcile with her ex-husband.
- Winehouse's ex-hubby collapses on hearing of her death - Jul 25, 2011
- Fielder-Civil to visit Winehouse's grave for first time - Sep 03, 2012
- Winehouse sues former mother-in-law for selling love letter - Aug 25, 2009
- Blake charged Winehouse 150 pounds a kiss - Sep 06, 2011
- Winehouse's ex-husband hospitalised - Aug 10, 2012
- Blake Fielder-Civil planning book on Winheouse ? - Aug 11, 2011
- Amy Winehouse wants to start a family - Mar 26, 2010
- Winehouse bought crack cocaine before death, says peddler - Aug 01, 2011
- Winehouse's fortune goes to parents - Mar 29, 2012
- No reunion for Winehouse, Blake - Dec 10, 2009
- Winehouse, Blake marry again - Oct 26, 2009
- Winehouse spotted kissing ex-husband - Mar 02, 2010
- Winehouse has crush on 'X-Factor' finalist - Dec 10, 2009
- Amy Winehouse spotted with new man - Jun 02, 2010
- Winehouse's ex arrested for burglary - Mar 02, 2011