Wills ‘to begin advanced helicopter training’April 18th, 2009 - 3:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 18 (ANI): Prince William has reportedly completed his basic flight training and will move on to a more advanced learning as he trains to become a search and rescue helicopter pilot with the Royal Air Force.
The 26-year-old was said to have already learnt risky night and instrument flying, forced landings, and emergency work in Squirrel choppers.
And now he is expected to get into a more intense training with Griffin helicopter to become skilled at carrying out rescues, reports the Daily Star.
If he is successful, then the royal will become a Sea King helicopter pilot next year, according to reports.
Meanwhile, his younger brother Harry has his sights set on piloting the meanest machine in the British Army, the Apache.
The 24-year-old is reportedly nearing the end of the Fixed Wing Phase of the Army Pilots’ Course at RAF Barkston Heath, near Grantham, Lincs. (ANI)
- Prince Harrys Army helicopter pilot training begins - Feb 18, 2009
- Prince William qualifies as Search and Rescue pilot - Sep 17, 2010
- Prince Harry qualifies as an elite Apache helicopter pilot - Mar 10, 2011
- Prince William gets his helicopter wings - Sep 17, 2010
- Prince William 'teases' brother Prince Harry on his 26th b'day - Sep 19, 2010
- Harry gets trained for hostage situation - Jan 31, 2012
- Prince Harry to train in US as chopper pilot - Aug 30, 2011
- Prince Harry to return to Afghan combat duty - Jun 16, 2011
- Prince Harry fails his first flying exam - Feb 15, 2009
- Britain to sack nearly 100 air force trainee pilots - Feb 14, 2011
- Prince Harry hasn't washed his hair for two years - May 01, 2009
- Prince Harry qualifies as Apache pilot, can return to Afghanistan frontline - Mar 10, 2011
- Prince Harry turns to books for fear of flunking pilot course - Mar 26, 2009
- Wills, Harry get 'saucy map with naughty nicknames' to navigate Britain - Apr 16, 2009
- IAF selects Boeing's Apache Longbow combat chopper - Oct 26, 2011
Tags: apache, basic flight training, british army, brother harry, choppers, daily star, emergency work, griffin, helicopter training, intense training, landings, london, prince william, raf barkston heath, rescue helicopter pilot, royal air force, sea king helicopter, search and rescue, squirrel, wills