Wills-Kat wedding ‘a chance to re-brand royal family business’April 3rd, 2011 - 5:00 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, April 3 (ANI): The upcoming wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton is a chance to re-brand the British royal family business, according to an expert.
CBS News Royal Contributor Victoria Arbiter told co-anchor Rebecca Jarvis on ‘The Early Show on Saturday Morning’ that “while there’s still lots to do between now and April 29, the long-term expectations on this couple are enormous, with many people speculating they may be solely responsible for the future of the monarchy.”
“It seems sort of sweeping to say the rebirth of the monarchy when you think they have been around for 1,000 years. But it’s definitely a rebranding,” she said.
“If you think about them, they are a family, yes, but ultimately, they’re a business. So this is definitely a step in a positive direction for the future,” she added.
Part of image makeover involved Queen Elizabeth and her husband Prince Philip visiting William at the base in Wales he flies out of in his role as rescue helicopter pilot, during which the royals were, in the view of many, surprisingly affectionate in public.
On Thursday, William admitted to reporters that he’s got pre-wedding jitters.
“The royals are definitely getting along. And to be honest, they’ve always gotten along. It’s just (that) the media love to highlight all the scandals and all the bad things that happen within the royal family,” said Arbiter.
“But, I definitely think we’re going to see a united royal family, and it will be wonderful to have them up on the balcony … at Buckingham Palace on the day, all together,” she added. (ANI)
- Wills, Kate's 'balcony kiss' key wedding moment! - Jan 06, 2011
- Wills-Kate 'invite exes to wedding' - Mar 20, 2011
- Prince William suffering from pre-wedding jitters - Apr 02, 2011
- Nepal revels in British royal wedding - Apr 30, 2011
- Kate Middleton's pre-wedding diet revealed - bags of sweets! - Mar 14, 2011
- Have a look at the big fat fake royal wedding! - Apr 02, 2011
- Will-Kate wedding: European royals receive warning fax - Jan 26, 2011
- Kate Middleton's parents do their bit for the royal wedding - Mar 15, 2011
- Wills-Kat TV movie given raunchy makeover - Apr 10, 2011
- Royal wedding will be streamed live on YouTube - Apr 20, 2011
- Kate is my rock, says Prince William - May 01, 2011
- Brits fed up with Prince Williams, Kate Middleton's wedding - Apr 01, 2011
- Anna Hathaway spoofs Kate Middleton on SNL - Nov 22, 2010
- Kate Middleton's grandaunt thinks her niece is too good for Prince William - Apr 18, 2011
- Prince William and Kate Middleton walk down the aisle at pal's wedding - Oct 24, 2010
Tags: arbiter, british royal family, buckingham palace, cbs news, early show, family business, image makeover, kate middleton, monarchy, positive direction, pre wedding jitters, prince philip, prince william, prince william and kate, prince william and kate middleton, queen elizabeth, rebecca jarvis, rebranding, rescue helicopter pilot, william and kate