Wills-Kat pays emotional visit to late Diana’s graveApril 22nd, 2011 - 5:48 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 22 (ANI): It has emerged that Prince William and his bride to-be Kate Middleton paid an emotional visit to late Princess Diana’s grave last month.
Holding hands, the couple is said to have laid flowers at Diana’s final resting place on an island at her family’s Althorp estate in Northamptonshire.
St James’s Palace refused to discuss the visit, believed to have been in the last month, saying it was a private matter.
It is understood that during their trip to the Spencer family’s 14,000-acre estate, William, 28, and his fiancee took a boat to the island burial spot, known as The Oval.
They also visited the memorial to Diana and the arboretum where William and his younger brother Prince Harry planted trees when they were children, sources claimed.
“It was very important for William to take Kate to visit his mum just before their wedding day. Diana is still a huge part of her boy’s everyday life and always will be,” the Daily Express quoted source as saying.
“Even though Kate never met Diana, she knows what an incredible woman she was and it is very important to her she can share and understand William’s love and grief for his mum,” the source added. (ANI)
- Prince William proposed to Kate Middleton with mum's ring - Nov 17, 2010
- Kate Middleton did her own makeup for engagement pics - Dec 14, 2010
- Kate Middleton's pre-wedding diet revealed - bags of sweets! - Mar 14, 2011
- Princess Diana's bro set to tie the knot - Feb 16, 2011
- Like Diana, Kate Middleton too will drop 'obey' from wedding vows - Apr 22, 2011
- Kate Middleton's parents will become 'royal in-laws' post wedding - Nov 25, 2010
- Kate Middleton gets 'counseling' to avoid Princess Diana's fate - Nov 23, 2010
- Earl Spencer 'to give moving speech about Diana at Royal wedding' - Nov 26, 2010
- Royal wedding: Prinnce William asks uncle to give speech about mum Diana - Nov 26, 2010
- Wills-Kat 'to have a low-profile honeymoon in Greece' - Apr 05, 2011
- Prince William, Kate Middleton to honeymoon in Scotland, Australia? - Apr 25, 2011
- Princess Di's family to occupy front row at Wills-Kate wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Prince Charles' official online shop sells Wills, Kate jigsaw puzzle - Mar 21, 2011
- Princess Diana's Engagement Ring, From Harry to Kate, via Prince William - Nov 18, 2010
- Kate Middleton Flashes Her Engagement Ring, Parents Congratulate Them - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: acre estate, althorp estate, arboretum, emotional visit, everyday life, fiancee, final resting place, flowers, grief, holding hands, kate middleton, northamptonshire, prince harry, prince william, princess diana, private matter, spencer family, st james, wedding day, wills