William breaks tradition, picks Harry as ‘best man’ rather than ’supporter’February 15th, 2011 - 12:54 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 15 (ANI): Prince William has become the first ever Royal to choose a ‘best man’ rather than a ’supporter’ - and he has picked his brother Prince Harry.
According to details revealed on the British Monarchy Facebook page on Monday, Kate Middleton has asked her sister Philippa to be her maid of honour, reports the Daily Mail.
As tradition dictates, Prince Harry will now be responsible for organising William’s stag party.
But the marrying Prince has dispensed with the usual rule that male members of the Royal family don’t have a ‘best man’ but a supporter when they tie the knot.
William has been close to his brother Harry since their mother died in 1997.
It was also revealed that William and Kate would have four bridesmaids and two page boys on their big day on April 29.
Page boy Master William Lowther-Pinkerton is the son of William’s private secretary Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton.
Tom Pettifer, 8, is Prince William’s godson and will be his second page boy.
Bridesmaids include Lady Louise Windsor, who is the daughter of the Earl and Countess of Wessex and is William’s cousin, and the Hon Margarita Armstrong-Jones, who is the daughter of Viscount and Viscountess Linley. She is the second cousin of the Prince.
The van Cutsems are close family friends from Norfolk who have known the Prince since childhood. Their daughter Grace will also be a bridesmaid.
The Duchess of Cornwall’s granddaughter Eliza Lopes will be a bridesmaid. The three-year-old is the daughter of Harry and Laura Lopes.
The wedding details were announced on the same day that it emerged that the couple would return to St Andrews University - where they first met - later this month for an official engagement.
Prince William will also take on the role of patron of the university’s 600th Anniversary appeal. (ANI)
- Royal wedding: The pageboys and the bridesmaids - Apr 29, 2011
- Prince William picks brother Harry as best man - Feb 14, 2011
- Pippa Middleton: Playing the perfect maid of honour - Apr 29, 2011
- Kate and WIlliam to Wed at Westminster Abbey in April - Nov 24, 2010
- Prince William, Kate Middleton's wedding reception to have just 300 guests - Jan 10, 2011
- Prince William's household 'planning the royal wedding' - Dec 05, 2010
- Kate not to employ housekeeper - Jun 16, 2011
- Prince Harry Set To Visit New York To Boost Support For War Veterans - Jun 03, 2010
- William wants Kate to be called 'princess' - May 01, 2011
- Royal couple in Canada - Jul 01, 2011
- Millions to celebrate 'People's Royal Wedding' on April 29! - Nov 24, 2010
- Prince William helps search missing Aboriginal warrior's skull - Apr 02, 2010
- Why Prince William's wife will not be called as Princess Kate - May 01, 2011
- Will-Kat to travel in over 100-year-old carriage - Apr 29, 2011
- Wedding planner for Prince William and Kate Middleton? - Dec 06, 2009
Tags: british monarchy, brother harry, countess of wessex, daily mail, daughter grace, duchess of cornwall, earl and countess of wessex, kate middleton, lady louise windsor, london feb, maid of honour, page boys, prince harry, prince william, second cousin, st andrews university, stag party, viscountess, william and kate, william lowther