Will Smith beats Johnny Depp as top money-makerJanuary 4th, 2009 - 12:10 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 3 (IANS) “Hancock” star Will Smith has dethroned Johnny Depp as the top money-making movie star of 2008, according to the annual Quigley poll.Smith is the second African-American star to top the list after award-winning actor Sydney Poitier who bagged the position in 1968.
Newcomers in the survey include Robert Downey Jr., Christian Bale and Shia LaBeouf, who came in second, third and fourth respectively, reports contactmusic.com.
“The Devil Wears Prada” actress Anne Hathaway was named the star of tomorrow along with Chris Pine, who plays Captain Kirk in the upcoming “Star Trek” remake.
Tom Cruise, who topped the list seven times since 1983, did not appear in the top 10, and even last year’s winner, Depp, failed to make it to the latest list.
- Will Smith voted Top Money-Making Movie Star of 2008 - Jan 04, 2009
- Shia LaBeouf tops Forbes list of Hollywood stars who give most bang for their buck - Sep 01, 2010
- Sandra Bullock 2009's biggest money-maker in Hollywood - Jan 03, 2010
- Watson, Grint are highest-earning on-screen couple - Jan 07, 2012
- Bang For The Buck Stars Of Hollywood - Sep 02, 2010
- LaBeouf, Hathaway best value actors in Hollywood - Sep 01, 2010
- Seth Rogen is Hollywood's hardest working actor - Apr 22, 2010
- Mulligan weds Mumford - Apr 23, 2012
- Shia LaBeouf named best value actor in Hollywood - Sep 01, 2010
- LaBeouf handcuffed after bar brawl - Feb 06, 2011
- Vanessa Hudgens to receive Star of Tomorrow award - Feb 18, 2010
- Shia LaBeouf Handcuffed After A Bar Fight - Feb 06, 2011
- Johnny Depp, Megan Fox voted 'Sexiest Movie Stars Of All Time' - Oct 20, 2009
- LaBeouf happy about Mulligan's marriage - Sep 07, 2012
- Shia LaBeouf and Carey Mulligan Split? - Oct 21, 2010