Will Michelle Obamas Soup-er Woman avatar influence what people eat?March 7th, 2009 - 2:48 pm ICT by ANI
Chicago, Mar 7 (ANI): Americas first lady Michelle Obama has made an influential impact with her fashion sense, and now after her stint in a soup kitchen, most are wondering if she will be able to influence what people eat too.
Michelle was volunteering at Miriam’’s Kitchen in Washington on March 5 where she helped dish out food for the homeless, and she took time out to talk about doing community service and eating a nutritious meal.
Thats why I want to urge people who are listening that if you have an opportunity, to come by — not just this soup kitchen but any soup kitchen in your community. And helping is an easy thing to do, the Chicago Sun-Times quoted her as saying.
“Collect some fruits and vegetables. Bring by some good healthy food. You know, we want to make sure that our guests here and across this country are eating nutritious items, she had added. (ANI)
- Heidi Klum volunteers for food charity - Jul 26, 2012
- Handy Tips For No-Cook Meals - Aug 22, 2010
- Michelle Obama turns Soup-er Woman to feed the homeless - Mar 06, 2009
- Dr Oz Convinces Paula Dean to Stop Smoking, Cook Healthier - Oct 12, 2011
- Family dinners help kids stave off obesity - Apr 24, 2012
- 'Kitchens becoming style statement in South Asian homes' - May 14, 2012
- Mrs 'O', how does your garden grow? - Oct 31, 2010
- Obamas serve meals to homeless on Martin Luther King Day - Jan 19, 2010
- Michelle Obama admits she's a "lover" of french fries - Sep 14, 2010
- Michelle Obama says she can't stand beets - Aug 05, 2010
- Summer best time to shed weight - Apr 04, 2012
- Putin tests every meal before eating: Former chef - Jul 25, 2012
- 'Essence of yoga lies in sincerity, not commercialisation' (With Image) - May 11, 2012
- First Lady Has Lunch with D.C. Homeless - Mar 10, 2009
- Chubritza to lokum, delightfully Turkish - in Kolkata! (Eating Out With IANS) - Jun 12, 2011