Will-Kate ‘toasted married life with a cup of tea’May 1st, 2011 - 3:17 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 1 (ANI): In a quintessentially British way to celebrate Friday’s events, newly titled Duke and Duchess of Cambridge toasted married life with a cup of tea after their wedding, it has emerged.
Prince William and wife Kate requested tea for two instead of the usual celebratory glass of champagne.
They sat down for their first cuppa as husband and wife after driving from the Palace to Clarence House in Prince Charles’s 1969 Aston Martin.
“They came back to Clarence House and all the staff had gathered round to greet them and give them a round of applause. They were exhilarated but exhausted,” the Daily Express quoted an insider as saying.
“All they wanted was a cup of tea so someone was dispatched to brew them a pot. They sat down together and had a cuppa,” the insider added. (ANI)
- William & Kate to visit California in July - May 05, 2011
- Prince William gifts a puppy to wife - Jan 15, 2012
- William wants Kate to be called 'princess' - May 01, 2011
- William and Kate to be Duke and Duchess of Cambridge post wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Prince William enjoys a night out with close friend - Jun 11, 2012
- Middleton likes my songs: Cole - Jul 11, 2012
- Traditional British tea brewing in decline as trendier brews are preferred - Mar 25, 2011
- T-shaped tea bag makes the perfect cup: Experts - Apr 01, 2012
- William and Kate to be Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - Apr 29, 2011
- Wills, Kate's world tour next year will help ease Queen's Diamond Jubilee workload - May 03, 2011
- Why Prince William's wife will not be called as Princess Kate - May 01, 2011
- Prince Andrew engulfed in new 'cash-for-favours' row - Mar 13, 2011
- Will-Kate spend their post-wedding weekend at home in Anglesey - May 04, 2011
- Kate Middleton provides cuppas for shivering cops guarding her home - Nov 26, 2010
- Pippa Middleton dumps boyfriend - Jun 13, 2011
Tags: applause, aston martin, cambridge, clarence house, cup of tea, cuppa, daily express, duke and duchess, glass of champagne, husband and wife, insider, london, may 1, pot, prince charles, prince william, wife kate