Will-Kat to travel in over 100-year-old carriageApril 29th, 2011 - 1:59 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 29 (IANS) Prince William and his bride Kate Middleton will head to Buckingham Palace after their marriage at Westminster Abbey in a horse-drawn carriage that is over 100 years old.
The State Landau was specifically built for King Edward VII in 1902.
A media report said that it was the same horse-drawn carriage that was used by William’s parents — Prince of Wales Charles and Lady Diana — on their wedding day in 1981.
The 1902 State Landau is led by four horses and is accompanied by two horsemen and two footmen.
William’s best man and younger brother Prince Harry and Kate’s maid of honour and younger sister Pippa Middleton will follow in two separate Ascot Landau carriages with the bridesmaids and page boys.
The journey from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace will take about 15 minutes.
- Kate Middleton to ride in Diana's carriage - Mar 22, 2011
- Prince William to arrive at wedding venue on horseback? - Apr 02, 2011
- Kate Middleton to arrive at wedding venue in car damaged by protests - Mar 22, 2011
- Fairytale wedding for Will-Kat - world hopes happily ever after - Apr 29, 2011
- Wills, Kate's 'balcony kiss' key wedding moment! - Jan 06, 2011
- Kate Middleton gets Jaguar fleet for wedding ceremony - Mar 20, 2011
- Spots to watch William wedding procession on hire - Mar 28, 2011
- All set for Will-Kat wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Prince William's RAF colleagues given role at royal wedding - Apr 02, 2011
- William - a prince, a pilot and a patron of charities - Apr 29, 2011
- Facebook fan sites for Pippa Middleton's derriere - Apr 30, 2011
- Royal wedding route Kate Middleton will take to Abbey revealed - Jan 06, 2011
- Pippa Middleton's dress steals the show at the Royal wedding - Apr 30, 2011
- Will-Kat fly out of palace, honeymoon destination a secret - Apr 30, 2011
- Will Prince Harry and Pippa Middleton end up as a couple? - May 02, 2011
Tags: 100 years, ascot, best man, bridesmaids, buckingham palace, carriages, four horses, horse drawn carriage, kate middleton, king edward vii, lady diana, landau, maid of honour, page boys, prince harry, prince of wales, prince william, report said that, wedding day, westminster abbey