Will-Kat fly out of palace, honeymoon destination a secretApril 30th, 2011 - 6:30 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 30 (IANS) The royal newly weds - Prince William and Kate Middleton - flew out of Buckingham Palace Saturday morning for a secret honeymoon destination after their grand wedding that was watched by two billion TV viewers.
Prince William, a search and rescue pilot, has taken a two-week leave so that he can take his bride on a honeymoon.
William married Kate at Westminster Abbey Friday. They will now be known as Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Daily Mail said that their destination is a secret, with the Caribbean, Australia, Kenya and Jordan being some of the exotic destinations where the royal couple could go.
Bookmakers had Saturday morning made Kenya the 3-1 joint favourite.
Prince William is known to like Africa and they could go to Kenya, where he proposed to her last year.
It is also possible that William may take Kate for a break in Scotland.
Since William has to join back duty in two weeks, the significant jetlag likely from a far-flung trip could rule out some destinations.
Prince William’s parents, Prince Charles and late Diana who were married 30 years ago, had spent the initial part of their honeymoon in Romsey in Hampshire.
They then spent time on board the royal yacht Britannia. They boarded at the Rock of Gibraltar before cruising to Algeria, Tunisia, Sicily, the Greek islands and Egypt. Their holiday was wrapped up by spending time in Scotland.
- Will-Kate stay back in London, delay honeymoon - May 01, 2011
- Will and Kate to have private honeymoon in sunny Jordan? - Apr 30, 2011
- Will-Kat postponed honeymoon 'weeks ago' following location speculation - May 02, 2011
- Will-Kate spend their post-wedding weekend at home in Anglesey - May 04, 2011
- Prince William, Kate Middleton to honeymoon in Scotland, Australia? - Apr 25, 2011
- UK Government trying to make money out of Royal Wedding - Feb 04, 2011
- All set for Will-Kat wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- ISS astronauts congratulate British royal couple - Apr 29, 2011
- Kim Kardashian wants a royal wedding - Aug 05, 2011
- Prince Willam, Kate to to visit California - May 06, 2011
- Royal couple honeymoon on the Seychelles Islands - May 11, 2011
- Wills, Kate to spend part of their honeymoon in Scotland? - Feb 13, 2011
- Prince William and Kate Middleton announce April wedding - Nov 24, 2010
- William, Kate celebrate first wedding anniversary - Apr 29, 2012
- Saturday August 13 is bookies favourite for Prince William's big day - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: buckingham palace, daily mail, duke and duchess, exotic destinations, grand wedding, honeymoon destination, jetlag, kate middleton, prince charles, prince william, prince william and kate, prince william and kate middleton, rescue pilot, rock of gibraltar, royal couple, royal yacht britannia, secret london, time in scotland, westminster abbey, william and kate