Will-Kat danced their way to post wedding reception!May 1st, 2011 - 1:41 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 01 (ANI): Just 300 close friends and family scored an invite to the intimate post wedding bash of newly wed Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate, at the Buckingham Palace on Friday.
According to Us Weekly exclusive details, the bride and groom began the night with their romantic first dance: A cover of Elton John’s ‘Your Song’ by pop singer Ellie Goulding. The up-and-coming star followed up the classic ballad of devotion with her own up-tempo hit, “Starry Eyed” — which got the guests dancing!
“The atmosphere was incredible. It is a night I’ll never forget,” said Goulding.
When it was time to chow down, the menu included a crab starter, a beef filet main dish and a trio of desserts, including chocolate pudding, ice cream and brandy, and a blackberry-raspberry concoction.
“The speeches were very emotional,” one female guest said.
Man of Honour Prince Harry’s speech for his big brother was a highlight.
According to another guest, frequent jokester Harry took pains not to embarrass his brother. After thanking his father Prince Charles, stepmother Duchess Camilla and grandmother Queen Elizabeth, Harry paid touching tribute to their late mother Princess Diana who passed away at age 36 in 1997.
Harry noted that their late mom inspired them to become the men they are — and that he sees so much of Diana in William.
Kate- whom Harry likened to a sister - got teary, according to a witness.
When the bash was officially over at 2 a.m., departing guests were given two chocolate cupcakes featuring Mario Testino’s iconic shot of the happy couple on top. Before boarding carriages off the palace grounds, the revelers enjoyed a spectacular fireworks display.
“We had a fantastic time!” one guest added. (ANI)
- Prince William, Kate Middleton's wedding reception to have just 300 guests - Jan 10, 2011
- Wills, Kate engagement pics to be released soon - Dec 06, 2010
- Guy Ritchie, Joss Stone invited for royal wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Duchess of York not invited to William's wedding - Feb 19, 2011
- All set for Will-Kat wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- I'll never forget singing at royal wedding bash, says Ellie Goulding - May 01, 2011
- After royal wedding, Will-Kat partied till early hours (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Kate Middleton to ride in Diana's carriage - Mar 22, 2011
- Official wedding pics hint Will-Kat's future will be happier than Charles and Diana's - May 01, 2011
- Prince Harry is planning to host an after-party breakfast - Apr 25, 2011
- Wills-Kate choose the same photog for big day as Charles and Camilla - Feb 17, 2011
- Over 1,900 people invited to William's wedding - Feb 20, 2011
- Princess Di's family to occupy front row at Wills-Kate wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- William - a prince, a pilot and a patron of charities - Apr 29, 2011
- Will-Kat fly out of palace, honeymoon destination a secret - Apr 30, 2011
Tags: beef filet, buckingham palace, chocolate cupcakes, chocolate pudding, chow down, duke and duchess, first dance, goulding, jokester, man of honour, mario testino, prince charles, prince harry, prince william, prince william and kate, princess diana, queen elizabeth, revelers, spectacular fireworks, william and kate