WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange described as ‘filthy bag lady’ in new bookJanuary 31st, 2011 - 1:58 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jan 31 (ANI): WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has been described as a “filthy bag lady” in a scathing new book by his former collaborator the New York Times.
Assange, 39, was criticised for his unkempt appearance in the book, and details of some of his “bizarre” acts were also included.
“He was alert but dishevelled, like a bag lady walking in off the street, wearing a dingy, light-coloured sport coat and cargo pants, dirty white shirt, beat-up sneakers and filthy white socks that collapsed around his ankles,” the Courier Mail quoted New York Times Executive Editor Bill Keller as saying while quoting one of the paper’s reporters.
“He smelled as if he hadn’t bathed for days,” he stated.
Assange also allegedly stunned reporters when he began skipping after a formal meal.
“One night, when they were all walking down the street after dinner, Assange suddenly started skipping ahead of the group… (two journalists) stared, speechless,” the Independent on Sunday wrote.
Despite being described as intelligent, he was also been branded arrogant and thin-skinned.
Another book will be published by one of Assange’s own workers, Daniel Domscheit-Berg, next month.
“Our trust was abused, we were threatened, misled and intentionally kept in the dark. It is not for nothing that many who have quit refer to him as a ‘dictator’,” he stated. (ANI)
- Assange is arrogant, thin skinned and conspiratorial, say NYT reporters - Jan 27, 2011
- Wikileaks founder 'boasted of fathering kids all around the world' - Feb 11, 2011
- Wikileaks founder 'abused cats and wanted women to know their place' - Feb 11, 2011
- Assange's ex-colleague terms Wikileaks founder 'power hungry, 'irresponsible' - Feb 13, 2011
- Former spokesperson set to blow whistle on WikiLeaks in tell-all - Dec 24, 2010
- Does Julian Assange have four love children? - Feb 12, 2011
- Another whistle-blower to rival WikiLeaks - Nov 05, 2010
- Jeremy Renner is in talks with DreamWorks about taking up a role in WikiLeaks film - Jul 24, 2012
- WikiLeaks releases cables naming top secret sources - Aug 30, 2011
- Wikileaks Founder Refutes Reports Of Organizational Conflicts - Oct 23, 2010
- Discovery to air special show on WikiLeaks - Apr 18, 2011
- WikiLeaks leadership in crisis as founder faces disputes - Sep 26, 2010
- WikiLeaks spurned NYT, but Guardian leaked State Department cables to it - Nov 30, 2010
- Julian Assange appears in court - Jul 13, 2011
- Assange gets bail, says WikiLeaks to continue its work (Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: ankles, bag lady, bill keller, bizarre acts, cargo pants, collaborator, courier mail, dictator, executive editor, independent on sunday, journalists, julian, melbourne, new york times, sneakers, sport coat, unkempt appearance, walking down the street, white socks, wikileaks