White wine polled UKs favourite tippleFebruary 19th, 2009 - 3:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 19 (ANI): White wine is Britains favourite tipple, according to a poll of more than 12,000 drinkers.
According to the study, more than eight in ten said they were partial to a glass, with many now preferring it to ale and lager.
Red wine is runner-up, reports the Sun.
A third of those polled gave pint the thumbs down completely.
Recently, Paris researchers had rubbished previous claims that wine is beneficial, insisting any alcohol boosts the risk of cancer. (ANI)
- A Glass of wine a day to keep flab away - Aug 18, 2011
- Even two pegs can endanger life of women with breast cancer - Jul 18, 2011
- 1 in 6 Brits has sworn off alcohol - Jan 28, 2011
- Binge drinking doubles heart attack risk - Nov 25, 2010
- Cheers! Beer can help you lose weight - Aug 03, 2010
- 10-year-old British kids having alcohol problems - Oct 31, 2011
- Middle class professionals 'more likely to binge drink' - Jan 28, 2011
- Brit girls as young as 11 are binge drinking as much as boys - Jan 29, 2011
- Moderate drinkers 'are healthier than teetotallers' - May 20, 2010
- Britons spend a year of their lives in the pub - Aug 04, 2012
- 'Moderate drinking during pregnancy doesn't harm baby' - Jun 20, 2012
- Alcohol doesn't protect against cancer - Apr 01, 2010
- Brit pensioner who has smoked 292,000 ciggies celebrates 100th b'day - Sep 25, 2010
- Weaker wine may cut cancer risk - Jan 18, 2010
- Average wine drinker gains half a stone of fat annually - Apr 18, 2009