White House criticizes Trump’s ‘birther’ comments on ObamaApril 11th, 2011 - 12:34 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr.10 (ANI): A White House adviser, David Plouffe, has criticized businessman Donald Trump’s comments questioning President Barack Obama’s place of birth, saying it will not sway American public opinion.
“I hope he keeps on rising (in the polls) because there’s zero chance that Donald Trump would ever be hired by the American people to do this job. There may be a small part of the country that believes these things, but mainstream Americans think it’s a sideshow,” Fox News quoted Plouffe as saying.
Trump will decide whether he will run for the White House in 2012 by June. Recent polls show his popularity has risen since he took up the “birther” cause.
Only “natural born citizens” are eligible to be president under the US Constitution.
Trump has questioned the authenticity of official documents showing Obama was born in Hawaii. The president has produced a certificate of live birth, and Hawaii newspapers have carried his birth announcement.
Trump said, “This is not a conspiracy on my part. If he (Obama) wasn’t born in this country, he shouldn’t be the president of the United States.” (ANI)
- Obama confirms he is American by birth - Apr 28, 2011
- Biden's daughter slams 'birther' Donald Trump over Obama comments - Apr 09, 2011
- Donald Trump wants to verify Obama's birth certificate - Mar 29, 2011
- Palin supports Trump's 'birther' debate on Obama - Apr 11, 2011
- Orly Taitz questions the timing of Obama's birth certificate - Apr 29, 2011
- Donald Trump releases his birth certificate - Mar 30, 2011
- Obama's sister attacks Trump's birther movement - Apr 13, 2011
- Romney lands in controversy with 'birther' joke - Aug 25, 2012
- Most Iowa Republicans say Obama wasn't born in US: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- One in four Americans doubt Obama was born in US: Fox News poll - Apr 08, 2011
- Discrediting anti-Obama 'birthers' is top priority for Hawaii governor - Dec 25, 2010
- White House releases Obama's birth certificate - Apr 27, 2011
- Obama birth controversy row, a debasing low in US political life: NYT - Apr 28, 2011
- Obama releases long form birth certificate to end debate - Apr 27, 2011
- Trump 'proud' of himself for Obama birth reveal - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: authenticity, barack obama, birth announcement, businessman, conspiracy, david plouffe, donald trump, fox news, hawaii newspapers, live birth, mainstream americans, place of birth, popularity, president of the united states, public opinion, sideshow, us constitution, white house, white house adviser, zero chance