When Michael Schumacher almost ran over a man!July 31st, 2008 - 6:59 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 31 (ANI): F1 champion Michael Schumacher almost ran over a Brit car dealer on July 27.
Martin Kingham has claimed that the 39-year-old F1 legend hit him while overtaking an elderly woman driver in the van and instead of apologising he started fuming.
“The last thing you expect on a quiet afternoon is to be run over by Michael Schumacher - it was unbelievable, the Mirror quoted him as saying.
“He came from behind me to overtake two old ladies in a little Fiat. The first thing I knew I was flat on my face after the collision. When I realised who had hit me I thought I had concussion,” he added.
Schumacher was on his way to a private jet at a nearby airfield when he hit Kingham in Lydd, Kent.
“I was putting the security bars up outside the garage before going home. I have to stand on the edge of the road and keep an eye on traffic, said Kingham.
“Out of nowhere I heard a bang from behind me. It spun me round and I was thrown forward on to my face, hitting the bonnet of a parked van. Then I saw a big blue van go by and realised they”d hit me. I thought I recognised the driver, but my head was spinning.
He was screaming, ”What the f*****g hell were you doing in the road?” “He seemed cross, as if I was in the wrong. I called the police,” he added.
Schumacher was taken by the police and quizzed.
Martin said: “The officers asked me to wait in my office while they spoke to him. An officer came in and said ”This guy’’s claiming to be Michael Schumacher”. Then another told us she”d seen his ID and it was him.
“He still didn”t apologise. The police realised I wasn”t too injured and told us to swap addresses, then he just got back in the van and drove off without even looking at me. He was arrogant, he added.
Meanwhile, Schumachers agent Sabine Kehme confirmed the collision but said that there were no injuries.
“There was a collision but nobody was injured. Michael cooperated with police. There is nothing else we wish to say,” she said. (ANI)
- Is Schumi mulling comeback with Mercedes? - Nov 23, 2009
- Monaco GP: Webber on pole, Hulkenberg miss top-10 - May 26, 2012
- Schumacher signs on dotted line for sensational F1 return - Dec 23, 2009
- Karthikeyan hires Schumacher's long-time physio Balbir Singh - Mar 21, 2012
- Schumacher keen to meet Tendulkar at Indian Grand Prix - Oct 27, 2011
- Schumacher can return to fill in for injured Massa - Jul 28, 2009
- India deserves an F1 circuit: Michael Schumacher (Interview) - Oct 21, 2011
- Rosberg signs multi-year contract with Mercedes - Nov 10, 2011
- Schumacher to return only if doctors give the nod - Aug 05, 2009
- Schumi has lost the edge, says old rival Frentzen - Dec 20, 2011
- Schumacher shuns critics over his F1 comeback decision - Mar 12, 2010
- Schumacher top overtaker in 2011 F1 season - Dec 25, 2011
- Age no barrier in F1, says Karthikeyan - Feb 03, 2012
- Vettel wins a near perfect race, Sutil finishes ninth (Roundup) - Oct 30, 2011
- Schumacher says sorry to Barrichello for Hungarian Grand Prix squeeze - Aug 27, 2010
Tags: apologising, bonnet, car dealer, champion michael schumacher, concussion, edge of the road, elderly woman, f1 legend, fiat, going home, kingham, lydd kent, mirror, nearby airfield, private jet, quiet afternoon, quizzed, sabine, two old ladies, woman driver