Wheelchair users set Guinness record for largest gathering on iceJanuary 21st, 2008 - 5:37 pm ICT by admin
London, Jan 21 (ANI): A new world record for the largest gathering of wheelchair users on ice has been set in Cornwall, with the help of a woman who launched a fitness video after losing a leg to cancer.
Leanne Grose joined 47 other wheelchair users from across the country to set the record at the Eden Project complex.
It was a fantastic event and everyone had an amazing time, The Sun quoted Ms Grose, local government worker, from Truro, Cornwall, as saying
I have spoken to children in their wheelchairs and heard their stories, it was very humbling, she added.
She organised the event to celebrate the launch of the DVD, which was filmed at the Eden Project.
During the record attempt participants performed moves from a charity fitness DVD.
Groses spokesman said that that Guinness World Records told the participants that the event was the first of its kind in the world and is set to be registered.
There arent many opportunities for people in wheelchairs to get involved in exercise and set world records, Grose said.
I wanted to do something which every wheelchair user could join in with and have fun,” she added. (ANI)
- Lara Dutta Soon To Launch Designer Shoe Line - Jan 25, 2011
- Colors to bring 'Guinness World Records' to India - Dec 24, 2010
- Michelle Obama to help break Guinness record for 'jumping jacks' - Oct 07, 2011
- LeAnn Rimes ex-husband wishes her all the best after her wedding - Apr 25, 2011
- Maharashtra man enters Limca Book of Records (With Images) - Jun 09, 2011
- Mexico sets record for largest folk dance performance - Sep 05, 2011
- 19 Pakistani girls in car, set record - Dec 16, 2010
- Gujarat sets 6 Guinness records in golden jubilee year - Jun 14, 2011
- Lara To Launch Her Fitness DVD Today! - Nov 17, 2010
- Indian women cricketer Anjum Chopra trains with KKR - Mar 31, 2012
- 1,141 people set new Guinness World Record walking barefoot - Sep 06, 2010
- 6'8" model Amazon Eve hopes to win Guinness world record - Feb 19, 2011
- New Zealand mayor sets longest interview record - Apr 30, 2012
- Terence Lewis creates Guinness World Record (With Images) - Mar 21, 2011
- Delhi gets CNG-electric hybrid buses - Sep 18, 2010
Tags: cancer, charity, eden project, exercise, government worker, guinness record, guinness world records, jan 21, launch, leanne grose, local government, london jan, new world record, participants, record attempt, spokesman said that, truro cornwall, wheelchair user, wheelchair users, wheelchairs