What makes men tick and what winds them upApril 10th, 2011 - 6:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 10 (ANI): Here are some tips to understand how single men think, what they want and why they do, from someone who was one.
Author and dating guru Humfrey Hunter has offered his unique dating advice to help one understand the manifold mysteries of the male mind, so they can make the right moves at the right time, reports the Daily Mail.
Hunter says that if a guy is really interested in you, he will be in touch. If he texts you, reply an hour later at first and then more quickly according to how quickly he does.
If you don’t hear from him after that first encounter, either assume he’s not bothered and move on, or text him once and if he doesn’t reply within two hours, give up.He has also advised to keep it light on your first date. Don’t be early, but don’t be on time. Ten minutes late is ideal. ‘Hello’ should be a kiss on the cheek - the start of a date is too early for a hug.
There are only two things you should focus on: being yourself and having fun. Be positive about life. Don’t spend your whole time moaning about work, your commute, the weather, etc. Also, don’t talk about your exes or ask about his - this will extinguish any romantic spark. Hunter insists that men like girls who ‘eat’. They like it when girls who love their food tend to like other sensory pleasures as well. Hearing a girl say ‘No starter’ or ‘Just a salad’ is not attractive.
Also, it is not wise to track down your guy on Facebook and extensively ‘pre-date research’ his profile, photos, etc. At least not until you’ve been seeing him long enough for revelations of your stalker-like inclinations not to matter. Whatever you do, absolutely do not mention it on your first date. (ANI)
- What makes men tick and what winds them up? - Apr 10, 2011
- Kiwi TV journalist continues to 'stalk' Maria Sharapova - Jan 18, 2011
- Peter Andre learns to be an ideal boyfriend - Aug 15, 2012
- Justin Bieber has been 'dating' girls since the age of 11 - Feb 17, 2011
- It's personality over looks for Pixie Lott - Jan 08, 2012
- Taylor Swift says she's proud of songs about her ex-boyfriends - Oct 22, 2010
- I'm quite secure in my relationship: Kareena - Jan 28, 2012
- Taylor Swift slams Kanye West, exes in new album - Oct 24, 2010
- Band Baaja Baaraat: Interview Of Anushka Sharma - Dec 09, 2010
- Man U stars showed me how to win, says Defoe - Nov 27, 2010
- First people to reach America were Asians, scientists confirm (The Funny Side) - Jul 27, 2012
- Why we should all be walking backwards for our health (The Funny Side - IANS has introduced a weekly column by Hong Kong-based humour writer Nury Vittachi) - Jun 08, 2012
- John Mayer blames marriage for Tiger Woods' sex scandal - Feb 04, 2010
- I get nervous on dates: Mila Kunis - Jul 26, 2012
- Denzel Washington fails to impress his kids - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: cheek, daily mail, dating advice, exes, facebook, first date, first encounter, guru, having fun, inclinations, kiss, mysteries, revelations, right moves, right time, sensory pleasures, single men, stalker, weather, whole time