What it took the IPL II to shift to South AfricaApril 16th, 2009 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
Cape Town, April 16 (IANS) What it took for the Indian Premier League (IPL) to shift its base to from India to South Africa in just three weeks:
- More than 700 people have been working in South Africa round the clock.
- Television and digital media crew comprising over 200 workers
- Central IPL and IMG event management team comprising 60 workers
- The eight teams have nearly 400 people including players and coaching staffs.
- More than 22,000 hotel rooms have been booked for the 43-day carnival.
- 10,000 domestic flight bookings made for the tournament.