Weybridge in Surrey is Britain’s most fertile town: StudyDecember 30th, 2010 - 6:21 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 30 (ANI): A study has revealed Britain’s most fertile town, and it is Weybridge in Surrey where the women are more likely to fall pregnant than in any other area.
The study, carried out by parenting website Gurgle.com, found that they take an average of just three months to conceive, compared to the UK average of six months.
Based on the number of pregnancies by population and the average time taken to conceive, official statistics show Weybridge’s birth rate shot up by 20 percent between 2002 and 2008 - and is still rising.
The town is part of the posh Elmbridge district, named this week as Britain’s best place to live.
Jersey is the second most fertile area, followed by the tiny village of Winkleigh, Devon.
Women in Brighton fall pregnant the fastest - with many conceiving in the first month of trying, but they have fewer pregnancies than other top ten towns.
Eight of the ten most fertile areas are in the South, and all are outside the major cities.
“It seems the less frantic pace of life outside big cities helps couples conceive,” the Sun quoted Gurgle.com editor Nifa McLaughlin as saying. (ANI)
- Blame obesity epidemic for pregnant women not being offered seats by commuters - Jun 08, 2010
- Why women have no sense of humour when it comes to mum-in-laws - Nov 09, 2010
- Women aged 35 'are six times more likely to suffer fertility problems' - Jan 28, 2011
- Jessica Biel to play Vera Miles - Mar 22, 2012
- Seven staff fall pregnant after sitting in Brit hotel's 'fertility chair' - Apr 01, 2011
- Handheld fertility device 'as effective as IVF' - Oct 19, 2010
- What to Expect Before You're Expecting - Jun 04, 2010
- It takes 104 sex-sessions for an average Brit woman to get pregnant - Aug 16, 2010
- Brain size determines whether fish like to hunt or wait for dinner - Aug 05, 2010
- Father confirms Allen's pregnancy news - Jul 17, 2012
- US Judge backs 'I (heart) boobies' bracelets in school - Apr 13, 2011
- Celine Dion's acupuncture tips helped Mariah Carey get pregnant - Oct 31, 2010
- Obese pregnant women 'more likely to have complicated births' - Jan 26, 2011
- Why sex in space could be a bad idea - Feb 12, 2011
- Magistrate puts man behind bars for calling him 'mate' - Nov 01, 2010
Tags: birth rate, couples, elmbridge district, fertile area, fertile areas, frantic pace, gurgle, london, major cities, official statistics, parenting, population, pregnancies, six months, sun, surrey, three months, tiny village, weybridge, winkleigh devon