Westboro Baptist Church to picket Arizona funeralsJanuary 11th, 2011 - 1:40 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Arizona, Jan 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A Baptist church in the United States believes that God was responsible for the death of the six people who were shot and killed over the weekend.
The church - Westboro Baptist Church believes that America has moved from the values of God and subsequently incurred the wrath of God on the country. Among where they believer America has gone wrong it’s the “senseless” wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. They also believe that because American has largely given more rights to homosexuals and recognized them, God will continue to “punish” the country with similar tragedies.
The church’s website said that, “Thank God for the shooter — six dead, your federal judge is dead and your (fag-promoting, baby-killing, proud-sinner) Congresswoman fights for her life”.
The church thus has planned to picket the funerals of the victims of the shooting. This is not the first time that they will be picketing funerals. Whenever American soldiers are killed in Iraq or Afghanistan, the church performs similar activities for the funeral.
The “senseless” shooting as described by the US president left 14 people injured including congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. The six people that were killed include a judge and a nine-year-old girl whose birthday was on September 11.
- California Gov. Brown signs bill banning protests near funerals - Sep 18, 2012
- Residents Of Missouri Town Block Westboro Protestors From Soldier's Funeral - Nov 09, 2010
- Grief Stricken Dad Drags 'Dead Soldiers' Church To Court - Apr 14, 2010
- Six dead, U.S. Congresswoman Giffords among at least 12 injured in Az. shooting - Jan 09, 2011
- U.S. Rep. Giffords devastated by news of shooting deaths, but physical condition improving - Apr 24, 2011
- Lady Gaga branded 'devil's spawn' for promoting homosexuality - Jun 26, 2010
- Gabrielle Giffords recovering from her skull wound - May 19, 2011
- Gabrielle Giffords is in good condition so transferred to rehab center - Jan 27, 2011
- Westboro Baptist Church Announces It Would Protest Against Elizabeth Edwards' Funeral - Dec 10, 2010
- Supreme Court Appears Sympathetic To Snyder Family In Case Against Westboro Baptist Church - Oct 07, 2010
- Gabrielle Giffords in Good Condition Transfers to Rehab Center - Jan 27, 2011
- Westboro Baptist Church Plans to Picket Edwards Funeral - Dec 10, 2010
- Reverend Fred Phelps calls Lady Gaga a 'slut' - Dec 26, 2009
- U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona - Jan 09, 2011
- Hospital: Giffords' condition upgraded to good - Jan 26, 2011
Tags: afghanistan, american soldiers, believer, congresswoman gabrielle giffords, fag, federal judge, funerals, gabrielle giffords, homosexuals, iraq, old girl, senseless wars, september 11, shooter, sinner, tragedies, westboro baptist church, wrath of god