Welsh mum finds Jesus looking back at her as she opens Marmite jarMay 29th, 2009 - 4:39 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 29 (ANI): A 36-year-old woman in South Wales was surprised when she saw an image resembling Jesus upon opening a jar of Marmite.
Mum of three Claire Allen, of Ystrad, Rhondda, said that she was stunned to see Jesus staring back at her.
She revealed that the blobs of yeast extract under the lid had mysteriously formed the shape of a familiar bearded face.
“I opened the Marmite jar, put it on the breakfast bar and the lid caught my eye,” the Sun quoted her as saying.
“I just looked at it and immediately thought, ‘That’s Jesus Christ’.
“It wasn’t a new jar, but I had never noticed it before,” she added.
Claire revealed that she also showed the image to her two eldest sons Jamie, 14, and Tomas, 11.
“I was about to do some Marmite on toast for Robbie’s breakfast when I saw the face,” she said.
“I showed it to my two eldest boys and straight away they could see a face.
“They thought it looked like the images of Jesus you see in paintings and stained glass windows,” she added.
Claire and her husband Gareth believe the incident to mean that the son of God is looking out for their family.
She said: “I’m not particularly religious - but we’ve had a tough couple of months and it’s comforting to think that if he is there, he’s watching over us.”
A spokesman for Marmite maker Unilever said: “While we know many people have a Marmite passion, we can’t promise a representation from Jesus in all of our jars.” (ANI)
- Clare Nasir is overjoyed with her amazing new figure - Dec 23, 2010
- Britney loves Marmite - Oct 26, 2011
- Woman claims to see Christ's image in her X-ray - Dec 29, 2010
- Cancer patient Tammie Cohrs sees Jesus in MRI scan - Oct 06, 2010
- US woman sees 'Jesus Christ' in chest X-ray! - Dec 30, 2010
- Posh is like Marmite, says Ginger Spice - Apr 02, 2010
- Brit engineers find image of Virgin Mary in sandpit through Google Earth - Mar 19, 2011
- Stinking of rotten fish, woman took 10 showers a day - Apr 17, 2012
- Jesus' Barn conversion image revealed - Mar 16, 2012
- US boy claims 'he met dead sister he never knew about in heaven' - Mar 03, 2011
- British mom delivers rare identical triplets - Aug 05, 2012
- Hugh Grant's must-have travel kit includes favourite pillow, marmite jar! - Dec 20, 2009
- Twitter-mad Brit mum sends 104 live updates during son's birth! - Dec 11, 2010
- 3-yr-old Oz girl blessed by Pope miraculously survives death - Feb 18, 2011
- Royal family lucky to have Kate as daughter-in-law, says Prince Charles - Apr 30, 2011
Tags: bearded face, blobs, breakfast bar, claire allen, eldest boys, eldest sons, images of jesus, jesus christ, marmite, old woman, paintings, son of god, south wales, spokesman, stained glass windows, toast, unilever, welsh, yeast extract, ystrad rhondda