We’ll resolve all issues peacefully, Gilani tells Manmohan (Lead)January 26th, 2009 - 6:45 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Jan 26 (IANS) Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has reiterated his government’s commitment to peacefully resolve all outstanding issues with India to usher in an era of peace and prosperity on the subcontinent.In a message to his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh on Republic Day, Gilani said: “It is a matter of pleasure for me to convey, on my own behalf and on behalf of the government of Pakistan, our warm felicitation to you and to the government and people of India on the occasion of the Republic Day of India.”
This is the second time Gilani has communicated with Manmohan Singh in a week.
On Jan 21, he had sent Manmohan Singh a get-well message after the Indian prime minister underwent a coronary angiography.
Manmohan Singh subsequently underwent multiple bypass surgery to remove five heart blockages and is currently recuperating in New Delhi’s All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
On Sunday, both Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari and Gilani extended “get well soon” greetings to Manmohan Singh.
- Gilani greets Manmohan on India's Republic Day - Jan 26, 2009
- India and Pakistan should resolve all the issues peacefully: Gilani - Jan 26, 2009
- PM undergoes routine health checkup at AIIMS - Jan 31, 2010
- Manmohan Singh to pay obeisance at Golden Temple today - Mar 23, 2009
- Gilani greets Manmohan Singh on Independence Day - Aug 15, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi visits PM at AIIMS - Jan 26, 2009
- Prime Minister will be absent in the Republic day parade - Jan 23, 2009
- PM congratulates new Pakistan PM, confident of better ties - Jun 24, 2012
- PM arrives in Amritsar; to pray at Golden Temple Sunday (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- PM doing well, put on a regular diet - Jan 27, 2009
- Manmohan Singh to visit Amritsar on Monday - Mar 22, 2009
- World leaders wish Manmohan Singh a speedy recovery - Jan 25, 2009
- Manmohan Singh to return home soon - Jan 31, 2009
- PM to begin New Year with prayers at Golden Temple - Dec 31, 2011
- Prime Minister pays obeisance at Golden Temple - Mar 24, 2009
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, bypass surgery, coronary angiography, felicitation, government of pakistan, heart blockages, india institute, indian counterpart, indian prime minister, jan 21, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, pakistani prime minister, raza, republic day of india, subcontinent, yousuf, zardari