Wearing skimpy Speedos on Grenada streets can land you in jail!January 13th, 2009 - 3:03 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jan 13 (ANI): The Police Commissioner of Grenada is so offended by tourists wearing skimpy Speedos on the streets that he is threatening to put them in jail.
He is enforcing an indecent exposure law banning swimsuits away from the beach.
Police commissioner James Clarkson will impose a warning to dress appropriately and then a fine of 270 dollars if the law is flouted.
Clarkson said cruise ships usually inform passengers of the correct way to dress when in town, but “from time to time, there is the one or two who take their chances.”
He has also taken a swipe at ”baggy pants that expose underwear which fuels low morality in the country.
He said some young men seem to forget where their waist is located.
“Any time you allow lawlessness to start taking effect on your country, you have a problem,” the Courier Mail quoted him, as saying. (ANI)
- City Council of Dublin bans baggy pants - Sep 07, 2010
- Saggy Pants Not A Crime Says New York Judge - Jul 30, 2010
- World Champion James thanks Grenadians as country parties into the night - Sep 01, 2011
- Wearing thong was daunting task for McConaughey - Jul 11, 2012
- Oz service station worker outwits thief by telling him to buy something first - Oct 29, 2010
- Oz Catholic teacher jailed for 10 yrs for raping, molesting 13 students - Oct 04, 2010
- Police shouldn't have licence to flout laws: Pakistani daily - Aug 19, 2011
- Kids warned over Facebook modelling scam - Jan 22, 2011
- GQ Spring Style Preview 2011 Features Kid Kudi At His Best - Jan 22, 2011
- 'Top Gear' stars spark religious row after dressing up in burkas - Dec 29, 2010
- Wearing undie-revealing low riding pants is no crime, rules US judge - Jul 31, 2010
- Beckham embarrasses sons by stripping off - Feb 03, 2012
- Winslet proud to be curvy - Nov 12, 2011
- Holi revellers warned against breaking traffic rules - Mar 19, 2011
- Oz chef jailed for groping employees at hotel - Jul 15, 2010