We succeeded in dividing the Opposition by promulgating NRO: Pak PMNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:48 am ICT by admin
The PML and the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) played their own politics on the NRO, but the former succeeded in getting Musharraf re-elected, the Daily Times quoted Shujaat, as saying.
Aziz has rejected the possibility of a fresh promulgation of the NRO even if the Supreme Court strikes it down.
He said the promulgation of the ordinance was a difficult decision and there was opposition from within the ruling party, which was resolved after discussion.
The ordinance had a number of positive aspects, he added. (ANI)
- Musharraf never consulted PML-Q on NRO, Benazir 'deal': Ch Zaheer - Oct 08, 2010
- Patterson refutes Musharraf's allegations over Shujaat's role in NRO deal - Oct 09, 2010
- All political powers taken on board over NRO : Musharraf - Oct 25, 2009
- Pir Pagara distances himself from Musharraf - Oct 08, 2010
- Musharraf approaching international powers to fob off Pak govt 'witch hunt' - Apr 15, 2011
- Zardari has no plans to re-promulgate NRO: Spokesperson - Dec 01, 2009
- "Apologetic" Musharraf blames 'misleading' Chaudhry brothers for NRO fiasco - Oct 07, 2010
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- PML-N goes overboard in protest against PPP in Pak parliament - Apr 21, 2011
- Musharraf fears Sharif would make his life 'miserable' if he replaces Zardari - Nov 07, 2009
- Musharraf has 'lost his senses' after losing dictatorship: Raja Riaz - Oct 10, 2010
- President enjoys immunity, Pakistan PM tells apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- "Somebody's silence" made Musharraf resign from presidency: Shujaat Hussain - Nov 14, 2010
- Next government can approach Swiss courts: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- PML-Q will not support any move to put Musharraf on trial - Aug 04, 2009