Warner Bros urge ad agencies to use Batman, Harry Potter to sell productsSeptember 21st, 2009 - 3:33 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, September 21 (ANI): Warner Bros is urging ad agencies in Australia to use its characters like Batman, Bugs Bunny and Harry Potter as marketing tool.
The company wants to continue the success similar project enjoyed in America.
“Over the next few months we will be giving a series of high-level presentations to agencies telling them how the characters and other properties can be leveraged to sell products,” News.com.au quoted Preston Lewis, managing director of Warner Bros Consumer Products in Australia as saying.
However, marketers in the country face potential bans on use of links that tempt children to unhealthy food products.
The Australian reports that a national preventative health taskforce called for such links to be banned.
But Lewis dismissed any possibility of it affecting Warner Bros plans.
He said: “Warner Bros looks at the full spectrum of consumers from newborns all the way up to grandma.”
He also gave an example of Warner Bros’ ‘Looney Tunes Active,’ which has been devised to support health focused needs.
He hopes marketers will license the use of characters with attributes that match the needs of brands ranging from sweets to cereals. (ANI)
- Melbourne sets new record for most people sporting superhero costumes - May 30, 2010
- Bugs Bunny to make a 3D comeback - Aug 14, 2010
- Experts call for tighter regulations on food ads during kids' TV viewing - Oct 29, 2010
- 'Dark Knight Rises' Make Batman Fans Expectant - Jan 20, 2011
- Wonder Woman Movie? - Jul 24, 2010
- Health ministry plans plain packaging of tobacco products - Jul 23, 2012
- Nestle joins obesity battle by rewarding families buying Kit Kats, Smarties - Oct 14, 2010
- PETA organises 'Easter Protest' in Delhi - Apr 04, 2012
- Mcdonald's Faces Lawsuit For Luring Children With Happy Meal Toys - Jun 23, 2010
- Sequel of 'The Dark Night' to Hit Screens in 2012 - May 03, 2010
- New service would let you watch Warner Bros movies on Facebook - Mar 10, 2011
- Fast-food outlets offer children free super size meals in mailouts - Dec 05, 2010
- Media character use on food packaging influence kids' taste assessment - Mar 08, 2011
- Warner Bros in Kollywood - Sep 16, 2010
- FDA issues warning letters to four producers of caffeinated alcoholic beverages - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: batman, bugs bunny, cereals, country face, food products, full spectrum, grandma, level presentations, looney tunes, managing director, marketers, marketing tool, newborns, preston lewis, preventative health, products news, similar project, sweets, unhealthy food, warner bros