Warm welcome for pilgrims coming to Pak for 539th birth anniversary of Guru NanakNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:21 am ICT by admin
“After having lunch, the pilgrims would leave for Nankana Sahib where they would stay at different gurdawaras. The celebrations would last from November 21- 24″, Abbas added.
PSGPC President Sardar Bishan Singh said that about 25,000 pilgrims from across the world would attend the festival. About 100 pilgrims from Afghanistan, 100 from Dubai, 80 from Iran and 2,000 from Europe along with 5,000 Hindus from Sindh would attend the birth anniversary celebrations.
The caretaker of the Gurdawara Dera Sahib, Azhar Abbas, said that only the Indian Sikh pilgrims would stay at the gurdawara. Pilgrims of other countries would stay in hotels.
According to sources, Chief Minister and Dyal Singh Research Forum would invite the Indian pilgrims either for lunch or dinner.
The Indian pilgrims would visit various sacred places including Gurdwara Sucha Sauda, Kartarpur Shaib, Rohri Sahib and Gurdawara Panja Sahib.
From November 25- 27 the pilgrims would stay in Hassan Abdal and from November 28 - 29 in Lahore at Gurdawara Dera Sahib. (ANI)
- 1200 Indian Sikh pilgrims to celebrate 541st Guru Nanak birth anniversary in Pak - Nov 19, 2010
- Over 3000 Indian Sikh pilgrims to arrive in Lahore for Guru Nanak Jayanti - Nov 11, 2008
- Pakistan Gurdwara invitation for Guru Nanak Dev 541st birth anniversary - Oct 22, 2010
- 350 Sikhs reach Pakistan for Ranjit Singh anniversary - Jun 22, 2012
- 3,000 Indian Sikhs to visit Pakistan - Apr 11, 2011
- Remove India, Pakistan border restrictions: Sikh pilgrims - Nov 21, 2010
- Indian Sikh devotees reach Nankana Sahib amid massive confusion - Nov 01, 2009
- 3,000 Sikhs to visit Pakistan on Baisakhi - Apr 04, 2012
- 4000 Indian Sikh pilgrims to celebrate Besakhi in Pakistan - Apr 11, 2008
- 4,000 Sikhs reach Pakistan for Nanak's birth anniversary - Nov 19, 2010
- Guru Nanak's birth anniversary celebrated in Pakistan - Nov 21, 2010
- Pak Govt makes special arrangements for Guru Nanaks birth anniversary - Nov 21, 2007
- Guru Nanak's birth anniversary celebrated with fervour (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Abolish visas, demand Sikh pilgrims to Pakistan - Sep 22, 2009
- Sikh pilgrims' tents in Pakistan catches fire; no casualties - Nov 20, 2010
Tags: abbas, birth anniversary, bishan singh, celebrations, deputy administrator, dera sahib, gurdwara, guru nanak, hassan abdal, lunch, nankana sahib, panja sahib, sacred places, sauda, sikh pilgrims