Walcott joins list of injured players, out of Germany friendlyNovember 19th, 2008 - 1:39 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 19 (DPA) England’s preparations for a friendly against Germany in Berlin were dealt another blow when Arsenal winger Theo Walcott was ruled out because of a dislocated shoulder.The 19-year-old, who scored a hat-trick in England’s World Cup qualifying win in Croatia, suffered the injury in training in Berlin.
He was taken to hospital, where the shoulder was put back into place, but Walcott is now set to fly home.
“Our priority is Theo and making him as comfortable as possible before he returns home,” England manager Fabio Capello said late Tuesday on the eve of the friendly. “We are all very disappointed, but the important thing is for Theo to travel home and make a quick recovery.”
Walcott’s injury is the latest in a long line for Capello, who will be without several first-team players against the Germans.
Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, Joe Cole, Ashley Cole, Wes Brown, Emile Heskey and Joe Hart will all miss the game because of injuries.
- England announce 23-man squad for Euro Championship - May 16, 2012
- England World Cup stars' millions worth more than any other team - May 03, 2010
- Capello leaves out Rio, Crouch from England squad - Aug 29, 2011
- Capello looks for right World Cup mix for England (Group C team profile) - May 28, 2010
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- England name squads for two remaining World Cup qualifiers - Oct 05, 2009
- Carroll may start against France in Euro 2012 - May 30, 2012
- Euro 2012: Welbeck flick gives England 3-2 win over Sweden (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Not obeying Capello's orders cost Walcott a place in WC squad - Jun 02, 2010
- Beckham to help 'dumped' Walcott deal with despair - Jun 04, 2010
- Sunderland striker Bent recalled to England squad - Nov 09, 2009
- Three key decisions that Capello has to make - May 31, 2010
- England coach Capello stays upbeat despite injuries - Nov 19, 2008
- Euro 2012: England win over Ukraine - Jun 20, 2012
- Capello asks team to learn from mistakes made in Brazil defeat - Nov 15, 2009