Volkswagen commits to 2010 Dakar rallyMarch 8th, 2009 - 3:04 pm ICT by IANS
Wolfsburg (Germany), March 8 (DPA) Dakar champion Volkswagen said that they would be entering the 2010 Dakar rally.
The German car manufacturer finished one-two in this year’s race, which was held in Argentina and Chile and will again be staged there next year.
There was some speculation that Volkswagen, for whom South African Giniel De Villiers won their first-ever Dakar rally this year at their sixth attempt, would follow Mitsubishi, who announced a month ago that they would pull out of the race next year.
Martin Winterkorn, the chairman of the board of directors of Volkswagen, said Saturday that they had decided to compete again next year.
“The 2009 Dakar rally undoubtedly ensured that our brand is even better known throughout the world.”
- Dakar Rally gets underway in South America - Jan 02, 2010
- Volkswagen buys another 50.1 percent of Porsche for 4.46 bn euros - Jul 05, 2012
- Sainz wins consolidates Dakar rally lead - Jan 15, 2010
- Qatari driver takes lead in Dakar rally - Jan 04, 2010
- Spectator killed in Dakar Rally accident - Jan 03, 2010
- Al-Attiyah cuts down Sainz's lead in Dakar rally - Jan 14, 2010
- Sainz leads Dakar rally - Jan 07, 2010
- Argentine president announces return of Formula One - Mar 15, 2012
- Chandhok, Gill shone in motorsports (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 26, 2010
- Aditya Patel finishes fifth in Volkswagen Scirocco R Cup - Oct 23, 2011
- Spectator killed, four injured in Dakar Rally (Lead) - Jan 03, 2010
- Peterhansel leads Dakar rally - Jan 05, 2010
- Volkswagen to acquire nearly 20 percent stake in Suzuki - Dec 09, 2009
- Dakar rally to return to South America in 2010 - Feb 25, 2009
- Argentine rider dies in Dakar Rally - Jan 02, 2012
Tags: argentina, board of directors, chairman of the board, champion, chile, dakar rally, dpa, german car manufacturer, germany march, giniel de villiers, mitsubishi, sixth attempt, speculation, volkswagen