Virus-hit Hanover must play: German football federationSeptember 23rd, 2008 - 12:28 pm ICT by IANS
Hanover, Sep 23 (DPA) The German Football Federation (DFB) turned down Hanover’s application to have their German Cup match at Schalke 04 slated for Tuesday postponed after injuries and illnesses have left coach Dieter Hecking with only 14 fit players.Seven players are suffering from a virus, six are injured and one is suspended. Of the 14 remaining players, three are goalkeepers.
A club spokesman said Monday that the DFB decision was based on the fact that only injured players could be considered and not those suffering from illness.
Sport director Christian Hochstaetter had said the club was in “an emergency situation” ahead of the second-round game.
- Goalkeeper Hildebrand extends contract with Schalke - May 09, 2012
- Raul rejects contract extension - Apr 20, 2012
- Bochum part company with coach Koller - Sep 21, 2009
- Schalke signs goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand - Oct 22, 2011
- Uchida extends stay at Schalke till 2015 - Aug 17, 2012
- "Dear Robert..." German players pen letter to Enke - Nov 18, 2009
- Pieters to miss Euro 2012 due to foot injury - May 08, 2012
- Farfan extends contract with German side Schalke 04 - Apr 29, 2012
- German coach names players for Argentina friendly - Aug 10, 2012
- Athletic Bilbao shock Schalke away from home - Mar 30, 2012
- Schalke, Hannover grab victories in German Bundesliga - Mar 19, 2012
- Three Spanish sides in Europa League action - Mar 28, 2012
- Bundesliga booms despite loss of Oezil and Khedira - Aug 18, 2010
- Real Madrid crush Osasuna in Primera Liga - Apr 01, 2012
- Schalke offers Raul new contract - Mar 02, 2012