Virgin boss Branson to shave his legs, wear make-up after losing bet?November 17th, 2010 - 2:50 pm ICT by ANI
Kula Lumpur, Nov 17 (ANI): Virgin Group boss Sir Richard Branson, who will be dressing up as an AirAsia stewardess after he lost a bet he made during the Formula 1 season, also has to deal with requests to shave his legs.
Branson, 60, lost the bet to Lotus Racing team principal Datuk Seri Tony Fernandes over which of their teams would do better in the just-concluded Formula 1 season.
The two men had made a bet at the start of the season in March that the loser must serve as a “stewardess” on the winner’s airline.
“We want him to shave his legs. We are going to try and get him to shave his legs and wear some make-up. But we will leave his moustache alone as it is his trademark,” the Star Online quoted Fernandes as saying.
Branson, who has already received his AirAsia badge and uniform for the Kuala Lumpur-London charity flight on AirAsia, has been a good sport about the whole deal, added Fernandes.
Branson has to dress up as a flight attendant after his Formula One Virgin Racing team ended behind Lotus Racing in the overall team rankings.
The budget airlines owners had wagered the friendly bet at the start of the Formula One (F1) season in March.
Lotus Racing finished 10th while Virgin Racing came in last (12).
The online world has been abuzz about the bet, with blogs, Twitter and news portals worldwide picking up on the result of the wager.
The excitement is fuelled further by the fact that Fernandes said Branson would be expected to wear high heels during the flight and perform tasks like any other crew member, including cleaning the toilets.
Reuters had previously reported that Branson was looking for loopholes to get out of shaving his legs.
The money raised on the flight would go to the Virgin Group boss’ charity of choice. (ANI)
- Branson to work as air hostess on AirAsia flight - Nov 17, 2010
- Virgin boss Branson to dress as AirAsia stewardess after losing bet - Nov 16, 2010
- Richard Branson to serve as 'stewardess' after losing a bet - Nov 15, 2010
- Branson's stint as stewardess put on hold after he injures his knee - Jan 15, 2011
- AirAsia chief accepts Branson's 'F1 loser to wear air stewardess dress' challenge - Dec 18, 2009
- Richard Branson's charity flight dressed as "stewardess" postponed again - Apr 23, 2011
- FIA approves name changes for three F1 teams - Nov 07, 2011
- Madonna in negotiations to become nightclub owner - Jan 07, 2011
- Malaysian airlines troubled by crash rumours - Mar 17, 2011
- Indian-origin official named Airline CEO of the Year - Nov 29, 2009
- Malaysia's AirAsia offering 200 dollar return flights from Oz to London - Jun 09, 2010
- Lotus confirms Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen as drivers - Dec 14, 2009
- AirAsia's Tony Fernandes ventures into Formula 1 - Apr 17, 2010
- Goan origin Fernandes has pan-India aspiration for his AirAsia (Lead) - Apr 13, 2010
- AirAsia launches flight to Bangalore - May 21, 2010
Tags: airasia, budget airlines, charity flight, crew member, datuk seri, flight attendant, formula 1, formula one, good sport, london charity, loopholes, lotus racing, moustache, reuters, sir richard branson, stewardess, team principal, tony fernandes, twitter, virgin group