Villagers behead couple for illicit relationship in PakistanFebruary 22nd, 2009 - 1:12 pm ICT by IANS
Multan (Pakistan), Feb 22 (IANS) A father of two and a young woman were beheaded by villagers in Pakistan’s Multan province for being into an illicit relationship, media reports said.
The incident took place in the Budhlasunt area on the outskirts of Multan in Punjab province Saturday, Geo TV reported Sunday.
The victims were identified as Sumaira, 22, and Muhammad Sajjad, 28, father of two children.
The police have arrested two men, Naeem Arshad and his friend Allahdata, for the killings and registered cases against them.
However, the relatives of Muhammad Sajjad told police that he was killed over a land dispute.
- Lahore sees an upsurge in "honour killings" - Sep 16, 2010
- Pakistani man kills sister over 'illicit relations' - Jan 25, 2011
- Rain kills 46 in Pakistan - Sep 10, 2012
- Pakistani kills wife, four kids - Jun 30, 2012
- Father kills 22-year old married daughter for 'honour' over illicit relations in Pak - Aug 26, 2010
- Three Pakistani policemen gunned down - Dec 01, 2011
- Four cops roughed up in Pakistan - Feb 27, 2012
- Ex-Pakistani CM booked over actress' abduction - Dec 29, 2011
- Toddler killed, body sent to parents after property row - Feb 03, 2011
- Firing at Pakistani judge's house, one killed - Mar 28, 2012
- Pakistani man buries daughter alive - Jul 14, 2012
- 13 Pakistani soldiers killed in Afghan attack (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Pakistani imam, son jailed on blasphemy charges - Jan 12, 2011
- Six killed in Pakistan fireworks blast (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- After beheading two, seven Assam tribesmen surrender - May 16, 2012