Vietnam president praises India’s economic, technical helpJuly 18th, 2012 - 8:14 pm ICT by IANS
Hanoi, July 18 (IANS) India’s economic and technical support for Vietnam came in for praise from its President Truong Tan Sang Wednesday when an Indian delegation called on him here.
“The Vietnamese president expressed satisfaction over the strengthening relationship with India. He referred to Vietnam’s gratitude for economic and technical assistance provided by India over a long period,” a statement from the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) delegation said.
The delegation was led by ICWA director general Rajiv Bhatia and was in Hanoi to attend an important bilateral seminar on India-Vietnam relations.
Bhatia took the opportunity of the delegation’s meeting to brief the Vietnamese president on the purpose and outcome of the seminar co-hosted by the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam and ICWA on Tuesday.
At the seminar, Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Thien Nhan had called for setting up an Asia Forum to deliberate on capacity building in education, health, and human development.
Speaking at the seminar, Bhatia had emphasised on the need for closer cooperation between the two nations, that had long historical ties, in political, security, economic and energy domains.
India is helping Vietnam in the oil exploration business and has commercial agreements to explore key blocks in the South China Sea.
- India, Vietnam to increase defence, security cooperation - Sep 16, 2011
- Energy ties with Vietnam as per international norms: India - Sep 15, 2011
- 'Vietnam a huge business opportunity for India' - Oct 13, 2011
- Unfazed by China, India, Vietnam sign oil deal, extradition treaty - Oct 12, 2011
- India concerned over rising tensions in South China Sea - Jul 17, 2012
- India-Vietnam ties factor of peace in Asia-Pacific: PM - Oct 12, 2011
- ONGC Videsh inks deal with PetroVietnam - Oct 12, 2011
- Sri Lanka, Vietnam ink oil deal - Oct 14, 2011
- Vietnamese president to visit India - Oct 10, 2011
- Vietnamese president in India to expand strategic ties - Oct 11, 2011
- Jet Airways signs MOU with Vietnam Airlines - Oct 12, 2011
- With China looking on, India to host Vietnamese, Myanmarese leaders - Oct 10, 2011
- Vietnamese president visits Infosys campus - Oct 11, 2011
- India to help Vietnamese teachers in English training - Mar 29, 2012
- Vietnam president in India next week, defence ties on agenda - Oct 06, 2011
Tags: asia forum, bhatia, capacity building, commercial agreements, deputy prime minister, diplomatic academy, director general, education health, energy domains, hanoi, health and human development, indian delegation, key blocks, nguyen thien nhan, oil exploration, political security, rajiv, south china sea, vietnam relations, world affairs