Vietnam jails school principal for having sex with eight girlsMarch 11th, 2011 - 2:42 pm ICT by ANI
Hanoi, Mar.11 (ANI): A Vietnamese high school principal has been sentenced to nine years in prison for having sex with eight schoolgirls aged between 13- 18 years, in a high-profile sex scandal.
Mai Van Hung, the presiding judge in the case, said, Sam Duc Xuong was convicted after the one-day trial for having sex with students, in his office at the Viet Lam High School.
Hung said the students were paid by Xuong, who used his position as principal to have sex in exchange for higher grades for a year until September 2009, News.com.au reports.
The case was uncovered in 2009, when the family of one of the victims reported it to the police and attracted extensive coverage in the state-controlled media. (ANI)
- US teacher accused of ignoring pupils engaged in oral sex in packed classroom - May 13, 2010
- Vietnamese man opens plane's emergency exit on runway - Nov 07, 2011
- Vietnamese man sleeps beside wife's bones for five years - Dec 01, 2009
- India, Vietnam to enhance bilateral trade - May 20, 2010
- Indian, Vietnamese immigrants 'Americanised' but don't lose own identity - Dec 07, 2011
- Principal Criticised For Posting 'F' List Of Students - Mar 17, 2010
- Archaeologists unearth 127-km long 'Great Wall' of Vietnam - Jan 27, 2011
- Kiwi school has two students - they belong to principal! - Jul 29, 2010
- Oz school defends ban on lesbian students from dance - Nov 10, 2010
- Argentine teacher gets jail for having sex with students - May 09, 2012
- Tamil Nadu panel to look into uniform education system - Jun 17, 2011
- Court allows underage-but-married Pak 7th grader to attend school following rustication - Dec 03, 2010
- Porn pic cyber-bullying 'reaching epidemic levels', warns Oz youth worker - Sep 13, 2010
- NYC teacher with foot fetish accused of having sex with underage student - Oct 22, 2010
- Air Asia to add six more India-Malaysia flights - Apr 13, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,