Victoria bush fire accused failed in finding love

February 16th, 2009 - 2:35 pm ICT by ANI  

Melbourne, Feb 16 (ANI): Brendan Sokaluk, an accused in one of the deadly started fires in Victoria, which killed at least 21 people, was rejected by a woman and was looking for true love.

Sokaluk (39) described himself as a young happy male who wanted to meet a woman and get married on his MySpace page, reported.

My interest are to enjoy life to the fallest (sic) and not with …….. because she roots behind your back and lies a lot, he wrote. He lists mother earth as his hero because without her we all would be dead.

Sokaluk failed to appear at a court hearing in Melbourne on Monday in connection with the Gippsland fire case. He was remanded in custody until a committal hearing, which will be held on May 26.

Sokaluk faces charges, including arson, causing death and possession of child pornography, and can now be named after a court order banning publication of his name was lifted.

Magistrate John Klestadt said it had been widely reported that members of the Churchill community already knew the mans identity.

Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Christine Nixon appealed yesterday to potential vigilantes not to take the law into their hands with suspected arsonists.

I know people are angry, and so are all of us in this community. But we need to kind of have a sense that the proper processes are in place, and we need to go through the investigation and through the court case, she said.

Police are also investigating the Marysville fire, in which up to 100 people might have died, as being possibly deliberately lit.

Arsonists have set more fires since the disaster occurred more than a week ago. Eight fires are still burning out of control in Victoria, but no towns are currently in danger. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World |