Verdicts on Musharraf holding two offices may be reviewed: Pak SCNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:52 am ICT by admin
Aitzaz Ahsan, counsel for Justice (retired) Wajeehuddin Ahmed, said the court’s judgements in the PLF and Qazi Hussain cases were ‘per incuriam’ with the Constitution.
Per incuriam refers to a judgment, which has been decided without reference to a statutory provision, or earlier judgement, which would have been relevant, the Daily Times reported.
Justice Iqbal said that the counsel had raised such arguments for the first time and the court, if convinced, court could review its judgements in the two cases.
Aitzaz said that the SC had decided the Qazi Hussain case before the Parliament adopted the 17th Amendment, and the PLF case had been decided by merely relying on the Qazi Hussain case, when neither applied to Musharraf’s next term. (ANI)
- 'Judgement on Musharraf's eligibility for another term by Nov 1' - Nov 14, 2007
- Gilani contempt verdict to be announced April 26 - Apr 24, 2012
- Gilani verdict to be appealed: Minister - Apr 26, 2012
- Gilani's appeal in contempt case rejected by apex court - Feb 10, 2012
- Zardari has immunity: Pakistani PM's lawyer - Jan 18, 2012
- No contempt proceedings if president has immunity: Pakistani court - Feb 01, 2012
- Gilani contempt: Court summons top official - Feb 28, 2012
- Huge case backlog before Supreme Court's constitution bench - Jun 15, 2011
- PM Gilani has committed contempt, rules court (Third Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- Gilani gets lawyer in contempt case (Evening Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Supreme Court warns Gilani of another contempt notice - Mar 29, 2012
- Gilani pays lawyer for service - May 01, 2012
- 'Haqqani to survive punishment even if link with memo proved' - Jan 09, 2012
- Can't write letter against Zardari: Gilani's counsel to court - Mar 21, 2012
- LHC seeks Pak govt's reply on petition seeking Musharraf's trial for high treason - Nov 27, 2010
Tags: 17th amendment, ahmed, ahsan, final word, hussain, javed iqbal, judgement, judgements, judgment, justice, musharraf, nomination papers, pak sc, parliament, petitions, plf, reference to, statutory provision