Venus Williams tournament winning mantra is to eat, eat, eat all the time!July 7th, 2008 - 7:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 7 (ANI): Grand Slam champion Venus Williams has revealed that she has to binge on food all the time during a tournament.
The 28-year-old tennis sensation slipped away with the title beating sister Serena 7-5, 6-4.
I have to eat all the time during a tournament, The Sun quoted her as saying.
In the morning I eat chicken, rice and pasta for breakfast.
For your first match you have to make sure you have enough energy so after I practise I eat another meal.
Then, after that, I eat another meal for the doubles and then I eat another meal. Its four, five meals a day and thats a lot.
Despite eating so much the World no.1 said that she is still loosing weight.
The funny part is I am still losing weight. Its challenging because I am eating food I dont want to eat.
I dont like pasta at all. Every day I have to shovel it in at least twice a day its just part of the job.
I dont like breakfast so now I will skip that. And I am going to a McDonalds thats always my treat after I win or lose.
Ill have cheeseburger and small fries. In the States I have a kids meal but here I mix it up because I love curry sauce, which we dont get at home. Its my special treat, she added.
Williams became only the fourth woman to lift the Venus Rosewater Dish five times after Billie Jean King (6), Steffi Graf (7), and nine-time winner Martina Navratilova. (ANI)
- Serena Williams wins women's singles at US Open - Sep 10, 2012
- Wimbledon champion Serena irked over No.2 WTA status - Jul 05, 2009
- Will.i.am recalls childhood hunger - Sep 09, 2012
- Portman put social life on hold for 'Black Swan' - Jan 12, 2011
- Breast cancer was the first opponent Navratilova feared - Aug 09, 2010
- Li Na appreciates hubby's support for her Australian Open campaign - Jan 29, 2011
- Bookies favour Stosur to lift French Open crown - Jun 03, 2010
- Making Burton eat healthy food was a struggle: Norah - Jun 12, 2012
- Martina Navratilova to climb Kilimanjaro despite battling cancer - Apr 16, 2010
- Caroline Wozniacki advances in US Open - Aug 31, 2011
- Paes thanks Stepanek for helping him win Australian Open - Jan 28, 2012
- Kvitova overpowers Sharapova to win 2001 Wimbledon title - Jul 02, 2011
- Navratilova recovers from altitude sickness, released from hospital - Dec 13, 2010
- 'Diet in a box' delivered to your door-the latest slimming fad in UK - Dec 13, 2010
- Azarenka stuns Serena, lifts third title in 2009 - Apr 05, 2009
Tags: billie jean king, binge, chicken rice, funny part, grand slam champion, kids meal, losing weight, mantra, martina navratilova, match, mcdonalds, pasta, shovel, sister serena, small fries, steffi graf, tennis sensation, time winner, venus rosewater dish, venus williams