Vending Machines Sell Live Crabs in China SubwaysOctober 29th, 2010 - 10:10 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Oct 29 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Vending machines in China are now dispensing live crabs, which are refrigerated in little boxes inside the machine until such time as a passing commuter chooses to buy one. Subway passengers in Nanjing can be seen in the video below purchasing the live critters, which are sluggish at first after being cold, but soon come to life.
The temperature at which the crabs are kept inside the vending machine is from 32 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit, which is not cold enough to freeze them, but is clod enough to keep them sleepy. They cost anywhere between $1.50 and $7.50.
They are selling around two hundred crabs a day, according to the Tantoa News, and if you happen to get a dead one, you will be given three live ones for free.
- Vending machines sell live crabs in Chinese supermarket - Oct 29, 2010
- Train station vending machine in China offers live crabs! - Nov 04, 2010
- Chinese map shows theft-prone spots - Nov 25, 2011
- London gets a gold vending machine - Jul 02, 2011
- Britain may see 24-hour medicine vending machines - Jun 22, 2010
- Now, vending machine that suggests drinks based on your age, gender! - Nov 16, 2010
- Now, Pepsi's 'Social Vending System' will help you socialise with strangers - May 02, 2011
- Now, 'Social Vending System' to help you socialise with strangers - Apr 29, 2011
- Now, a cocktail vending machine that dishes out Mojitos every 30 seconds - Nov 13, 2010
- Condom vending unit for Kerala Technopark - Jan 11, 2011
- Catching crabs with shark fins and chicken guts in rural Goa - Jan 05, 2011
- Pennsylvania Wine Lovers Can Now Enjoy Wine From Wine Vending Machines - Aug 08, 2010
- New York Subway No Pants Day Brings in Hundreds of Participants - Jan 10, 2011
- In Paris joint, whaff flavours of your choice - Jan 27, 2011
- Coffee from Kerala, soon to 'Kic OFF' across India - May 05, 2012