Van Nistelrooy expects to return to Real MadridMay 28th, 2009 - 2:31 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, May 28 (Xinhua) Real Madrid striker Ruud van Nistelrooy looks to play for the club next season after making progress on his comeback from knee surgery, the Dutchman said.
“I will start some gentle jogging next week. The pre-season starts more or less in mid-July and if all goes well I think I’ll be able to join up with the group again in the first weeks of August,” van Nistelrooy told Real Madrid television Wednesday.
Van Nistelrooy, 32, has been sidelined since November after undergoing a surgery to repair damaged cartilage in his right knee.
- Di Maria's hamstring injury a blow to Real Madrid - Nov 07, 2011
- Real Madrid face tough test in Malaga - Oct 21, 2011
- Van Nistelrooy has a World Cup chance: the Netherlands coach - Apr 06, 2010
- Real Madrid veteran Van Nistelrooy out for six weeks - Sep 21, 2009
- Dutch stars Nistelrooy, van der Vaart could soon join Liverpool - Jan 02, 2010
- Kaka to miss Marseille trip with groin strain - Dec 07, 2009
- Former Liverpool defender Aurelio out with injury - Jul 01, 2012
- Real Madrid annoyed at Huntelaar turning down Stuttgart - Jul 23, 2009
- Focus on cartilage injuries at India meet - Nov 13, 2011
- Barcelona squad at limit for Malaga trip - Jan 20, 2012
- Benitez rules out Liverpool move for Nistelrooy - Jan 03, 2010
- Spain's Torres says he expects to be fit for World Cup finals - Apr 22, 2010
- Malaga third with win over Racing in La Liga - Apr 10, 2012
- Podolski turns down riches to sign with Arsenal - Mar 09, 2012
- Injured Ronaldo ruled out of clash with Sevilla - Oct 04, 2009