‘Valkyrie’ director gaga over Tom CruiseFebruary 10th, 2009 - 10:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 10 (IANS) Despite directing actors like Sir Ian McKellen, Kevin Spacey, Hugh Jackman and Brandon Routh in his previous films, Hollywood director Bryan Singer is all praise for superstar Tom Cruise, who stars in his latest film “Valkyrie”.
Cruise stars in the lead as Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg in “Valkyrie” that is a historical thriller depicting the July 20, 1944, plot by German army officers to assassinate Adolf Hitler.
“Until now, I was working only with actors and not stars but with this movie (’Valkyrie’), I got to work with a mega star like Tom Cruise. He is down to earth, gets into the story and doesn’t let you feel uncomfortable at all because of his status or anything. I loved working with him,” Singer told IANS over phone from Seoul, South Korea.
The film has also been in the news across the world for multiple controversies apart from speculations for Cruise’s performance as the Nazi officer.
The director and the actors are on a promotional tour for the assassination thriller across Asia, Europe and America. It is releasing in India Feb 20.
- 'Valkyrie' director all praise for 'Slumdog Millionaire' - Jan 23, 2009
- 'Tom Cruise wants to promote 'Valkyrie' in India' - Jan 20, 2009
- Pitt denies tagging Cruise's 'Valkyrie' a 'ridiculous movie' - Aug 25, 2009
- Tom Cruise's Nazi assassin role wins German accolades - Dec 31, 2008
- Claus von Stauffenbergs grandson praises Cruises performance in Valkyrie - Dec 20, 2008
- I knew 'Valkyrie' would be controversial: Tom Cruise - Jan 27, 2009
- 'Valkyrie's' German audiences confronted with their own past - Jan 23, 2009
- Hitler's base up for rent - Jan 19, 2012
- How plotting to kill Adolf Hitler challenged Tom Cruise - Jan 18, 2009
- Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes receive death threats from anti-scientology groups - Dec 29, 2008
- Hitler's last surviving bodyguard stops replying to fan mail - Jan 28, 2011
- Tom Cruise unfazed by Valkyrie controversy - Jan 12, 2009
- Tom Cruises performance in Valkyrie feeble, says critic - Dec 16, 2008
- Tom Cruises BlackBerry is missing in Toronto - Dec 11, 2008
- Pitt-ed against Cruise - Aug 22, 2009
Tags: adolf hitler, army officers, asia europe, brandon routh, claus von stauffenberg, colonel claus von stauffenberg, cruise stars, directing actors, director bryan singer, europe and america, german army, hollywood director, hugh jackman, ian mckellen, mega star, nazi officer, previous films, seoul south korea, sir ian mckellen, tom cruise